Best fits for your team

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Which player, who would likely be available where your team picks, would be the best fit for your team?

I'm not really in tune with this year's draft after the top 10 so your insight would be useful here. Leafs pick near the end of the first round. Ideally I'd like another Matthew Knies type player (skilled power forward) or a player who could become a top 4 dman. Who would you recommend we take?

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Sharks is easily Michkov. Our roster sucks so we're in no rush, our GM has been acquiring Russians, and by the time he (hopefully) comes over in 3 years our cap space starts to sky rocket up.

Last edited:
Reactions: EK392000

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Guys I think KD would draft for the Hawks:

1: Bedard
19: Nate Danielson, Yager, Ritchie, or Moore
35: Carson Rehkopf, Nick Lardis or Easton Cowan
44: Andrew Gibson or Coulson Pitre

He has strong emphasis on 3 aspects: Skating, Hockey IQ, and Compete. Skill is just a plus, but skating is the most crucial in their analysis. Compete and IQ are equivalent next. I think all these guys are strong skaters and have a high compete level. The hockey IQ differs from one to another, but none are lacking.

I haven't seen enough of the late second round picks to determine who I think KD would select with the 52nd or 56th.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
:wild
Best C available at #21. Danielson, Ritchie, ....is Stenberg a C?

After(potentially) whiffing on Rossi when Centers like Lundell were available, hopefully Guerin and Brackett pay more attention to speed, size, and the potential for growth when picking this time.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Sharks is easily Michkov. Our roster sucks so we're in no rush, our GM has been acquiring Russians, and by the time he (hopefully) comes over in 3 years our cap space starts to sky rocket up.
Though the Sharks aren't aren't as big on Size at the draft as the Ducks and Senators don't they usually go for players that are at least 6 feet? Guess Michkov is such a unique talent that such a rule doesn't apply?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Id love to see us get back in the top 20 via cap dump/trade and grab 1 of Musty/Ritchie/Honzek

#2: Fantilli - Big center, will help solidify our top 6
#33: Strbak - We have a lot of mobility/offensive minded defenders coming up in our system, but could use another Dmen that brings physicality/defense minded game.

Our other 2 picks are right around each other 55-60 range i think, hoping for a guy like... unsure if they will be around that area tho
Aydar Suniev
Carson Rehkopf
Danny Nelson

Though the Sharks aren't aren't as big on Size at the draft as the Ducks and Senators don't they usually go for players that are at least 6 feet? Guess Michkov is such a unique talent that such a rule doesn't apply?
I feel like at that pick for san jose, assuming Carlsson/Fantilli are off the board... you just go with the best player available.... .sharks are starting their rebuild... if they could get a 1st overall talent with the 4th pick.... and likely in contention for high picks the next 2 years, i think they are setting themselves up nicely.

I suppose i could see them go Smith/Dvorksy.... but i think getting that type of game breaking talent at 4 would be great for sharks rebuild.

Last edited:

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I mean our current management team hasn't even been on the job for a full year so it's hard to say what they really value. Grier has added alot of size recently but that's also because our system was relatively small. Now that there is balance he could just go for BPA.

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
Flyers still need a centerman with top-6 upside. Considering Fantilli, Carlsson and Smith going early 100%, would be good to add Ritchie or Dvorsky

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
The Hawks need high end forwards. With Bedard - that's one. Reichel is probably a top-6'er - that's two. Nazar is probably another top-6'er but he still has to prove is at Michigan next season - that's three - maybe.

The Hawks have the #19 pick (from TB) and (4) 2nd round picks (35/44/51/55) - plus tons of cap space. The hope is Davidson uses some of the draft capital and cap space to more up from #19 and/or acquire another 1st rounder. Davidson said that's the plan - so we'll see, The traits he's looking for is skating, compete and IQ - he said he won't take a player who isn't a top skater.

Moore
Danialson
Honzak
Stenberg

Two of those guys.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
:wild
Best C available at #21. Danielson, Ritchie, ....is Stenberg a C?

After(potentially) whiffing on Rossi when Centers like Lundell were available, hopefully Guerin and Brackett pay more attention to speed, size, and the potential for growth when picking this time.
Rossi is still very much a top prospect and the door is not remotely shut on him having a successful NHL career

Reactions: Shroud of Orrin

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Anyone of the top 5 (Bedard, Michkov, Fantilli, Carlsson or Smith) is a great fit for my Habs.

What a great year to draft top 5.

Shroud of Orrin

Come on, Bob
Apr 29, 2020
Haligonia
Out of curiosity - will Michkov be at the draft? I assume “no” but would like to see that. He can come, can’t he?

He’s the fit for the Habs so I can selfishly watch him play several times a year. I’ll rarely see a SJ game!

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Rossi is still very much a top prospect and the door is not remotely shut on him having a successful NHL career
Well, I've watched virtually every AHL game that he has played in the past two years. He's a vg AHL player, but so is Nic Petan, and Gerry Mayhew. I have seen a bit of improvement in his strength, and speed during that time, but not enough to make much of a difference, IMO. I also am beginning to have doubts about his ability to process the game at the NHL level.

We'll see, but there is no doubt that he was not "one of the most NHL ready players", as was opined by some back in the 2020.

NYBaselRanger

Jul 18, 2021
If Otto Stenberg still is available at 20 to 25 range, I defently want him as Ranger. Hevwas very impressiv here in Switzerland during the U18WC.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Considering the Devils don't pick until somewhere in 55-60 range I believe. I'd totally be ok with one of Aram Minnetian (NJ native), Cam Allen or Beau Akey.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Fit for Buffalo?

RHD in Reinbacher, Willander seem like great #4 (or higher) options which they don't have in their prospect stable. Simashev intrigues me as a LHD option as well, but I don't know if that fits them having their top 4 being all left shots.

Leonard on the wing is contact driven finisher they could use too but less so than defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad