Best first line

Best first line in the NHL?

• Total voters

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I think I would rather have my team match up against Edmonton and try to shut down the two players on that line vs match with Boston and have to shut down 3 that have a huge impact on the game. Kassian is just way too far off everyone else in the poll

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Super close.

McDavid > Bergeron
Draisaitl > Pastrnak (or Draisaitl >= Pastrnak)
Kassian <<< Marchand

Voted Bruins, but I don’t think anyone will argue against McDrai being the best duo in the NHL.

Man Pulju made a mistake pouting in Europe, if he kept grinding and working on his game he’d be on the top line eventually with McDrai.

Puljujärvi made the best decision of his life. Look at the season he is having in Finland. Getting away from your shitty organization might just save his career.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

TheStroker

Jun 13, 2012
USA
I respect that Kassian has played well and has complimented his line, but he's the token ugly guy in the boy band here.

I get he's there by default and has played decently enough. But goddamn...one of these things ain't like the others.

Never thought I'd live to see the day where Zack Kassian is in an HF poll about being in the best line in hockey. Yet here we are.

Reactions: Machinehead

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I get he's there by default and has played decently enough. But goddamn...one of these things ain't like the others.

Never thought I'd live to see the day where Zack Kassian is in an HF poll about being in the best line in hockey. Yet here we are.

I always liked Kassian on the Canucks and thought he might find a place in a complementary top 6 role at one point, but never expected it to be next to the best duo in the league.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Puljujärvi made the best decision of his life. Look at the season he is having in Finland. Getting away from your ****ty organization might just save his career.

Shitty organization, right now first in the pacific. Yep, we should be blown away that he’s playing well against lesser competitor. Wow!

Maybe you should post a chart with no context while you’re at it.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Super close.

McDavid > Bergeron
Draisaitl > Pastrnak (or Draisaitl >= Pastrnak)
Kassian <<< Marchand

Voted Bruins, but I don’t think anyone will argue against McDrai being the best duo in the NHL.

Man Pulju made a mistake pouting in Europe, if he kept grinding and working on his game he’d be on the top line eventually with McDrai.

Yeah, top duo for sure but as a line it's the Bruin's all 3 players are a threat. Gap between Kassian and the rest is too big.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
****ty organization, right now first in the pacific. Yep, we should be blown away that he’s playing well against lesser competitor. Wow!

Maybe you should post a chart with no context while you’re at it.

20 games vs the last 15 years. Not to mention he did it at the beginning of the season coming off another bottom 10 finish for the Oilers. I'd argue he made the right call for himself, the Oilers playing well now doesn't mean Puljujärvi would have and another tanked season for him would've been detrimental.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Kassian isnt no slouch too anymore. Big fast and decent hands and aggressive as f***

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
Bostons trio is one of the best lines I've seen in a long time. Edmonton has the better duo, but obviously Kassian doesn't keep up with any of the Boston 3

Navx94

Sponsor
Jan 17, 2019
Puljujärvi made the best decision of his life. Look at the season he is having in Finland. Getting away from your ****ty organization might just save his career.

Your team had the same amount of success in the playoffs as our “shitty organizati0n” last season.

Reactions: MikeyMike01

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I think McDavid, Draisaitl and the neighbour's uncle is the best line.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
What exactly is special about his season in Finland? He's being outplayed very significantly by even Julius Nättinen, who wasn't even considered an NHL prospect.

Oilers would have given Puljujärvi a real chance to play in NHL, now the reality is that he's KHL-bound.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->