Best fight in NHL history?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I have been watching a lot of fights from the 80's and 90's lately and was wondering what peoples opinions are on the "best" tilt that has occurred. Personally I believe that the first Domi vs Probert fight is up there as one of the best, thoughts?

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
It's not known as one of the big fights of all time, but I thought the Wendel Clark vs John Kordic fight was great.

Also the Brashear vs Laraque fight where Laraque had him beat and played nice guy, but then almost got put down for his troubles.

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
Isnt that Coxe vs Probert fight posted above pretty much universally regarded as the second best of their two fights?

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
Isnt that Coxe vs Probert fight posted above pretty much universally regarded as the second best of their two fights?

Yes. Their first fight is the one I consider the best in league history.

The 2nd fight between Probert and Domi should also be up there because of the hype before the fight. There isn't usually a lot of hype before a hockey fight. There was that night, though.

Reactions: Finster8

zbubble

Jul 29, 2005
For the spectacle of it, Jim Schoenfeld and Wayne Cashman crashing through the Zamboni doors and fighting in the hallway. Honorable mention to Mike Milbury beating a fan with his own shoe in the stands.

Last edited:
Reactions: Iapyi

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
A lot of old timers would tell you that Gordie Howe vs. Lou Fontinato back in the 50's. One of the linesman watching would say later that the blows landed by both of them sounded they were chopping wood.

There are fighters and there are fighters. Some of the guys I liked best were Probert, Domi, Kocur, Twist, Langdon (his fights were often marathon events), McSorley (another guy who could go on and on and on and on), Rypien.

Some of the best Probert--McSorley. Rypien-Janssens. Domi-Probert. Langdon-Probert. Kocur-Gaetz.

Really liked Kevin Klein--Antoine Roussel a couple years back when Klein was with Nashville.

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
Loved Kocur fights. Kocur-Gaetz was awesome.

It's arguable whether he was the greatest fighter ever, but in my opinion nobody had the outright KO power of Kocur, and in his prime he was the most feared.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->