Best father-son tandem ever:

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
Well greatness is out of the questions, but the Canucks are on to their second father and son combo.

1st.
Juri Bubla and Jiri Slegr

2nd
Garth and Matt Butcher.

Now if they had only drafted Steve Tambelini's son ...

white_tiger

Sep 10, 2006
Phoenix
Along this same line of reasoning what father son combo ha steh most potential to be the best if the son can handle teh heat of following dad?

I go with Gretzky for this...

I mean look at the heat Keith was under just being Waynes brother.. Imagine being his son and going into Hockey.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
I go with the Hulls. The Howes were very good (Gordie one of the best ever), but the Hulls both were outstanding.

Now when you bend the rules of this topic to hockey family I think it's the Suters.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
I go with the Hulls. The Howes were very good (Gordie one of the best ever), but the Hulls both were outstanding.

Now when you bend the rules of this topic to hockey family I think it's the Suters.

I'd take Gordie Howe over all 100 Sutters ;)

Watch out for those Staal's though...

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
If they played two on two hockey, my bet would be on the Howes.

Agree. Not even close defensively. The Hulls just loved to score. Honourable mention to Howie Morenz and his son-in-law Boom Boom Geoffrion.

Last edited:

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005

Well Hockey family means that Dennis Hull can be included. And he was a heck of a goal scorer. Perhaps a better player than any of the Sutter's certainly then 4 of them. I'd still take the Hull's for Hockey Family.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I looked at his stats. Mark Howe certainly does not even deserve mention for the hof. He played his prime years in the high scoring 80s and rarely was over a point per game, and never cracked 30 goals, not even once. The only reason he gets any consideration around here is his last name.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
I looked at his stats. Mark Howe certainly does not even deserve mention for the hof. He played his prime years in the high scoring 80s and rarely was over a point per game, and never cracked 30 goals, not even once. The only reason he gets any consideration around here is his last name.

Mark Howe was a defenseman... although he did play forward on occasion.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Looking at just stats, when it comes to a defenceman, is a fool's ploy. Reality is that Mark Howe was a three-time first-team all-star. I believe he's the only three-time first-team all-star defenceman not in the HHOF. And his competition for those spots was pretty steep. (Howe was an all-star in 83, 86 and 87. Every defenceman named an all-star in those years is in the HHOF, except for Doug Wilson, who's one of the best not in the HHOF).

Based on peak value, Howe is an HHOFer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad