Best father-son tandem ever:

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
I`ll go with the Howes. 3rd place to Lester and Lynn Patrick, 4th place to Syl Aps Sr. and Syl Apps Jr.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Well Gordie Howe was better than Bobby Hull.
Brett Hull though was better than Mark Howe.

Use that combination and its the Hulls. Are they the only two father in son combo that destined for the Hall? I think so off the top of my head.

Bluesfan1981

Mar 21, 2006
USA
Hulls win easily. Both Hulls are 1st ballot no-brainer Hall of Famers. While Mark Howe should be in the Hall of Fame, he's not a no-brainer like his father and both Hulls.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
hmmm...I figured there'd be more support for the Howe's based on Gordie's stature on that very very top level of elite players, and Mark's hall-worthy concensus around here.

personally, I lean towards the Hulls because my GT Snowracer (Brett Hull edition) is hard to argue against. I still have it, and the video that came with it.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Hulls win easily. Both Hulls are 1st ballot no-brainer Hall of Famers. While Mark Howe should be in the Hall of Fame, he's not a no-brainer like his father and both Hulls.

I agree and I think Mark Howe should be in the Hall of Fame. Bobby and Gordie are top ten all-time greats with Gordie overshadowing Hull a bit. Brett is one of the best goal scorers ever and he was a winner and had a very long career despite starting a bit late. As his career progressed he became a better all-around player too on Dallas and Detroit and for the USA. Brett scored 37 goals in the dead puck era as a 38 year old and then put up another very solid season. I sometimes think Brett doesn't get the praise he deserves for his greatness after his 70 and 80 goal seasons.

Mark Howe was great. He was the best player on the 2 Philly losing finals teams. But he wasn't as great as Hart winner Brett Hull so the Hull's are the best father son duo ever IMO. And likely in any professional sport as well.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
hmmm...I figured there'd be more support for the Howe's based on Gordie's stature on that very very top level of elite players, and Mark's hall-worthy concensus around here.

personally, I lean towards the Hulls because my GT Snowracer (Brett Hull edition) is hard to argue against. I still have it, and the video that came with it.

Well Bobby Hull is right up there in the stature of very very elite top level players.

Best player of a generation. Howe was best in the 50's, Hull in the 60's, Orr in the 70's, Gretzky in the 80's and Mario in the 90's. Hull is in that class. He may not be in the top 4 with Wayne, Orr, Howe and Mario but he could well be 5th and should be in the top 10 on anyones list IMO.

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site

Howe may be more elite, but Hull is only a smidge behind him. The 1st and 2nd best wingers of all time IMO.

Gotta go with the Hulls. Two of the top 10 goal scorers of all time.

revolverjgw

Oct 6, 2003
Nova Scotia

I still have mine too, but I don't remember getting a video with it... daaaang.

And I pick the Hulls.

Gordie > Bobby
Mark << Brett

> + << = <

Gordie/Mark < Bobby/Brett

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
Mark Howe was a very good player for a long time. But he wasn't great. In my view his career paralelled mike gartner. Good but not exceptional. and never the best at any time of their careers. Gordie Howe may be Mr.Hockey, but my vote goes to:

Bobby Hull - best in the game at one point in his career - check.
Brett Hull - best in the game at one point in his career - check.

case closed. Hull's win it.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
I still have mine too, but I don't remember getting a video with it... daaaang.

And I pick the Hulls.

Gordie > Bobby
Mark << Brett

> + << = <

Gordie/Mark < Bobby/Brett

Yeah, it was like a package deal or something. Brett Hull: Hockey's Top Gun. It's wicked. Sweet mullet

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
Well greatness is out of the questions, but the Canucks are on to their second father and son combo.

1st.
Juri Bubla and Jiri Slegr

2nd
Garth and Matt Butcher.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->