best faceoff men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reilly311

Hasen't Yannic Perreault been the best face off guy for the past 10 years or something?

espo*

Lindros was deadly on the draws.He'd just move his body into guys,push then off the puck and then take control of it.I think Messier in his prime is being over-looked here too.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Like on the line ... nobody I'd rather have taking a draw fo rme than Bobby Clarke.

As for the best currently, I'd give Joe Nieuwendyk a slight edge.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Reilly311 said:
Hasen't Yannic Perreault been the best face off guy for the past 10 years or something?

He gets a high percentage, but that's a bit misleading. He doesn't take as many draws as the top guys in the game. Also because of other deficiencies in his game he often isn't on the ice to take draws at crucial times (short handed, and end game scenarios)

Parrish

Apr 2, 2004
Decatur; Indiana
Interesting there is no mention of Jan Hrdina.

Look at the numbers guys, he's been in the top three face-off win percentages for the past 4 strait years.

Why is it guys like Hrdiana are always forgotton and underated. The guy is a great playmaker and face-off wizz yet you never hear mention of him. He jopfully finds a home though Phoenix was not his style and either is New Jersey,but hey it's a bump up. I'd love to see him in a Anaheim jersey.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Ogie Ogilthorpe said:
Dave Poulin I dont think ever lost a draw

Poulin was very good, but I don't think I'd have him in my Flyers top 10 face-off men. (We been very lucky in that regard ... present team currently lacking)

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Clarke and Jarvis used to be a great matchup. I'd be interested to know who got the better of whom, stats wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad