Best ever Canada Jrs teams and players????

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Whats the best team Canada World Jrs. ever? I'd say its between 1994 (when they had all the NHLers come back due to lockout), 2001-2003 were great teams but all won silver, and what about this years team?

Can you rank the top 5 World Jrs that we've iced? And how about the top 5 players ever? I know Iggy had a monsterous year in I think 1995, i'd say he's near the top.

thanks

Jovo Cop

The team in Red Deer .Brett Lindros couldnt crack that line-up!!

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Hmm let's see the Top 5 that come to mind just for Canada:
Here it is in my order.

1995 - 7-0 Gold. It'd be the kind of team we'll have this year if there's a strike.

1988 - Won Gold on Russian turf after the '87 disqualification. Had Sakic, Fleury, Recchi, Desjardins, Jimmy Waite in net.

2002 - Even though we lost the gold medal game after blowing a two goal lead twice, look at that team for a second. 80% of those guys have already played in the NHL. Among them are Spezza, Bouwmeester, Nash, Weiss, Kobasew, Upshall. This team was STACKED. How in the world did they lose?

1991 - Lindros was dynamite at that time. Trevor Kidd and Potvin in net.

2004 - Another team that didnt win gold and blew a two goal lead. But seriously look at how many guys on that team are oging to be sure-fire NHLers. Richards, Stewart, Carter, Getzlaf, Fleury, Phaneuf, Coburn, Belle, and to top it off Crosby. This team should have won as well. Just too good to lose I thought. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad