Best Europeans by countries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario
The emphasis is on international careers

Then why is Markus Naslund in the top 5 for Sweden?

And I'm inclined to believe that Sundin has done a lot more on the international stage than Forsberg.

I'm not really convinced you followed your own criteria while making these lists.

soulok*

Leaving Esa Tikkanen out of the 5 greatest finish players has to be absurd, he was one of the most complete finish hockey players ever.

Marcus-74

Apr 27, 2005
Garbs said:
Then why is Markus Naslund in the top 5 for Sweden?

And I'm inclined to believe that Sundin has done a lot more on the international stage than Forsberg.

I'm not really convinced you followed your own criteria while making these lists.

Well, wipe the dirt out of your glasses and take another peep at the list, and then you might find out that there´s no M-A-R-K-U-S Naslund in there (and never has been), but rather an older guy called Mats :teach:

And having emphasis on international careers doesn´t mean (at least to me it doesn´t) that the clearly best ever Swedish player IMO (=Peter Forsberg) shouldn´t be on top. He is the best Swede ever, isn´t he? Jagr wouldn´t be the top Czech either if I JUST looked at the international heroics, would he?

Last edited:

Marcus-74

Apr 27, 2005
soulok said:
Leaving Esa Tikkanen out of the 5 greatest finish players has to be absurd, he was one of the most complete finish hockey players ever.

I´ve already acknowledged that leaving him out (=a sudden loss of memory) was a mistake. But you can put him in there if you want. Here´s my password; ############# ;)

But I think that Tiki in the top-5 would be too high, anyway... around 7-9 rather?

PS. And I KNOW that there are names missing and other inconsistencies, but hey, nobody´s perfect (finishing line of which movie, BTW?).

Marcus-74

Apr 27, 2005
chooch said:
The best Soviet skater in the Summit 72 series was Yakushev. Thats even before Kharlamov was hurt. Maltsev was a good playmaker, Kharlamov was a dynamic player but Yakushev was the most feared.

I agree with you but what´s that got to do with anything? I mean, Yakushev had a very good international career in addition to his heroics in the Summit, but there´s no way he should be in the top-10... I mean NO WAY

Thank you & good night & God bless

chooch*

Marcus-74 said:
I agree with you but what´s that got to do with anything? I mean, Yakushev had a very good international career in addition to his heroics in the Summit, but there´s no way he should be in the top-10... I mean NO WAY

Thank you & good night & God bless

why not, you have kharlamov at #3 - Yakushev as an HM? Doesnt seem right, legends aside from what I saw. Kharmalov wasnt better in Summit 72, wasnt a standout in the Challenge Cup either. Scored a dazzling goal versus Dryden in G1 72, and 75 NY Eve. To me he was more like a Bure. Flashy dazzling scorer. Not dominant.

God bless U 2

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site
chooch said:
why not, you have kharlamov at #3 - Yakushev as an HM? Doesnt seem right, legends aside from what I saw. Kharmalov wasnt better in Summit 72, wasnt a standout in the Challenge Cup either. Scored a dazzling goal versus Dryden in G1 72, and 75 NY Eve. To me he was more like a Bure. Flashy dazzling scorer. Not dominant.

God bless U 2
Kharlamov's 7 USSR all-star selections to Yakushev's 1 tell another story.

Marcus-74

Apr 27, 2005
BM67 said:
Kharlamov's 7 USSR all-star selections to Yakushev's 1 tell another story.

Dat´s roit. One problem for Yakushev was of course that he represented the Spartak team and not Red Army, and that also meant that he always played "only" on the 2nd or 3rd line in the National team. He would have probably been more recognized in Europe (and Soviet Union) if he had played on the 1st line... but then again; Alexander Maltsev had the same misfortune too and yet he is better remembered & more appreciated (in Europe).

I would also like to add that Vladimir Shadrin as the set up man deserves a little credit for Yakushev´s success in ´72; they were terrific together - especially in Moscow - and dominated with their defensemen almost every time they were on the ice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->