Best euro lines in nhl

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Someone thought a Valeri Bure - Saku Koivu - Oleg Petrov was a great idea in the mid nineties.

Reactions: BenchBrawl

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
If we're just listing the best Euro lines by team, it should be Sykora-Holik-Elias for the Devils, before Arnott took over for Holik and made the line legendary.

All time... I am actually leaning towards Ovechkin - Backstrom - Semin if longevity as a line doesn't count.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Hm...interesting. I thought they would've seen more ice time with Kovalev.

from what i remember (of those penguins in general, not that season in particular), jagr and kovalev didn’t work together. not only did they play the same position but they both needed to hold the puck too much to productively coexist.

that year, the second line was titov - lang - kovalev. in 2001, after mario came back, it was straka - lang - kovalev.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
There was a time in LA Kings history (season 2003/2004), where they had :

Roman CechmanekG
Milan HnilickaG
Ziggy PalffyRW
Pavel RosaRW
Jozef StumpelC
Martin StrakaLW
Martin StrbakD
Lubomir VisnovskyD
Tomas ZizkaD
Jaroslav ModryD
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

So, here are the questions:

1. Were there some game, where was Czechoslovak line on the ice?

2. Were there a game, where was Czechoslovak line on the ice + goalie ?

3. Were there a game, where was Czechoslovak line on the ice + goalie Nr.1 + goalie Nr. 2 ?

Talisman

Nov 7, 2015
this is off topic but i wonder how red army line Kamensky-Bykov-Khomutov would have done damage in Nhl/quebec jersey!!. that line was very lethal in red army and sometimes as good as KLM-line!!.

Reactions: brachyrynchos

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
If we're just listing the best Euro lines by team, it should be Sykora-Holik-Elias for the Devils, before Arnott took over for Holik and made the line legendary.

All time... I am actually leaning towards Ovechkin - Backstrom - Semin if longevity as a line doesn't count.
I know Semak and Zelepukin played together in New Jersey, not sure who their regular center was, you'd remember better than me. I do recall them having at one time or another (my timeframe probably off) Nemchinov, Brylin, Ciger, Stastny, and Ojanen, to name a few.

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
The '05/6 Rangers had Jagr, Nylander, Straka, Rucinsky, Prucha, Sykora, Marcel Hossa, and Nieminen at forward. They all seemed to play together one way or another. Their European defensemen included Roszival, Kasparaitis, Tyutin, Malik, Ozolnish, Kondratiev, and Poeck. My guess is there must've been a Euro 5 man unit along the way.
Jagr with Pittsburgh (1998-99) was surrounded by fellow Czechs: Lang, Nedved, Straka, and Russians Alexei Kovalev, Titov, and Morozov (maybe they played together?). Same year, their defense included: Galanov, Kasparaitis, Slegr, and spare defensemen Butenschoen, Ignatev, and Skrbek. Skudra played most games in goal, so I'd think there must've been an all Euros on the ice scenario pretty frequently.

theicebox

#MonixWatch
Jan 8, 2010
Pittsburgh
Penguins have had various combinations with these players that have performed well:

Straka, Lang, Kovalev, Hrdina, Jagr, Morozov, Malkin, Hagelin, Hornqvist, Sykora, Fedotenko, Naslund, Nedved, Sandstrom, Titov

edit: many of these are mentioned in the post above this.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad