Best DVD of Penguins 2009 Cup Run?

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
Hey guys,

I've been wondering this for a bit, but is there a good DVD collection of the Penguins 2009 cup run? I was watching this one of the Cards world series in 2011 yesterday: http://www.amazon.com/St-Louis-Card...qid=1355546093&sr=1-1&keywords=cardinals+2011

The thing is freaking amazing because it has FULL games of the World Series and was extremely exciting to watch again. Is there anything similar for the Penguins out there? I can't even begin to remember the excitement of the SCF that year, or even just the playoff rounds. Any ideas would be nice as I would like to get one soon and would really like a good one.

Thanks,

Alesle

Jan 5, 2008
Oslo, Norway
This is the only one I know of, but to be quite honest I didn't find it particularly good when I watched it a few years ago. That's not to say it's not worth the watch, it's more that I was slightly disappointed with its contents and presentation of said content. As far as I recall, it mainly consists of spotty highlights from the most important games of the season, as well as the cup parade.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Cup video's have been really bad for a long time. Then again its the NHL we're dealing with. We don't even get post cup, locker room content anymore.

I would look for bootleg copies of games and not give the NHL a dime.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
No, we didn't get one of those, we just got a documentary. When Detroit beat us in 2008, they released a special edition set that included all 6 games of the 2008 SCF in their entirety.

I believe in 2007, they released a special edition for Anaheim that included all their SCF games.

No, the Pens didn't get one, the only game you can get on DVD is their Game 7 win over Detroit and that's on the Penguins Greatest Games vol. 2 DVD set.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
No, we didn't get one of those, we just got a documentary. When Detroit beat us in 2008, they released a special edition set that included all 6 games of the 2008 SCF in their entirety.

I believe in 2007, they released a special edition for Anaheim that included all their SCF games.

No, the Pens didn't get one, the only game you can get on DVD is their Game 7 win over Detroit and that's on the Penguins Greatest Games vol. 2 DVD set.

Figures. Is that a league or team decision?

petrskudra1

Jun 14, 2005
Pittsburgh
Cup video's have been really bad for a long time. Then again its the NHL we're dealing with. We don't even get post cup, locker room content anymore.

I would look for bootleg copies of games and not give the NHL a dime.

Miss the days of "There's a team in the building" and "One from the heart"

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I still watch those.
Those are awesome and I watch the old Mario vids too. I wish the Pens would make a year book video for fans and a Malkin video.

I thought 24/ 7 and In The Room were pretty awesome. I guess the Pens feel that their was site coverage is good enough.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada

Yeah even though I have volumes 1 and 2 of the "Greatest Games" DVD sets, I'm still pissed that our Cup run DVD didn't get the special edition treatment with all 7 SCF games included like how Detrot and Anaheim did for their Cup DVD's.

If we had been given that option, I'd have gladly bought it in an instant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad