Best Draft Sites/Guides

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Hey all.
We've got a ton of draft picks, so naturally, I want to do a lot of reading.

The internet is loaded with bullshit, though. I love reading takes on prospects at Hfboards, but who knows if these guys know a damn thing about how skill translates to the NHL.

Same thing with all those free sites out there.

Right now, the only draft publication I subscribe to is McKeen's.
I do enjoy their guide every draft. But they've been super slow to update their draft profiles this year. It's almost April and they've got guys in their own top 30 without scouting reports.
I've also noticed their reports are getting less technical and more dramatic - like they're being written by high schoolers who write for Hockey's Future or something.
Plus, their grading system is stupid and clunky and really makes me question their entire ranking system.

I'll probably see this McKeen's subscription through the draft. But I wouldn't mind adding a second one.

I'm not looking for Future Considerations or some other fanboy bullshit..
I'm looking for a real info.

Who do you recommend? And why?

Reactions: turkleton85

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Hmmm... That's a little more than I want to spend (for the platinum). But I might spring for it.
How deep does the Blackbook go?

How "objective" or "black and white" is the writing?

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Hmmm... That's a little more than I want to spend (for the platinum). But I might spring for it.
How deep does the Blackbook go?

How "objective" or "black and white" is the writing?

Gives the strong points of the prospect, and weaknesses. Gives scouts opinions on players as well.

Gives other draft year reports.

Overall the black book is worth the 60 bucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad