Drafts?

• Total voters

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Boston in 06
Phil Kessel, Brad Marchand, Milan Lucic, Andrew Bodnarchuk

Anaheim in 11
William Karlsson, Rickard Rakell, John Gibson, Josh Manson, Andy Welinski, Joseph Cramarossa

Tampa in 11
Nikita Kucherov, Odrej Palat, Vladimir Namesnitkov, Matthew Peca, Nikita Nesterov

Montreal in 07
P.K Subban, Max Pacioretty, Ryan Mcdonagh, Yannick Weber

Carolina in 10
Jeff Skinner, Justin Faulk, Freddy Andersen, Mark Alt

NYI in 09
John Tavares, Anders Lee, Calvin De Haan, Casey Czikas, Anders Nilsson, Mikko Koskinen

Colorado in o9
Matt Duchene, Ryan O'Reilly, Tyson Barrie, Stefan Elliott

Nashville in 09
Ryan Ellis, Matthias Ekholm, Craig Smith, Gabriel Bourque, Michael Latta, Taylor Beck

Washington in 06
Nicklas Backstrom, Semyon Varlamov, Mathieu Perreault, Michal Neuvirth

St. Louis in 10
Vladimir Tarasenko, Jaden Schwartz

La in 05
Anne Kopitar, Jonathan Quick

NYI in 08

Josh Bailey, Jared Spurgeon, Travis Hamonic, Matt Martin, Kevin Poulin, Aaron Ness, Matt Donovan, David Ullstrom,

---

Should I do a series of top 5? 7? 10?

If so which draft would need to be added???

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Boston in 06
Phil Kessel, Brad Marchand, Milan Lucic, Andrew Bodnarchuk

Anaheim in 11
William Karlsson, Rickard Rakell, John Gibson, Josh Manson, Andy Welinski, Joseph Cramarossa

Tampa in 11
Nikita Kucherov, Odrej Palat, Vladimir Namesnitkov, Matthew Peca, Nikita Nesterov

Montreal in 07
P.K Subban, Max Pacioretty, Ryan Mcdonagh, Yannick Weber

Carolina in 10
Jeff Skinner, Justin Faulk, Freddy Andersen, Mark Alt

NYI in 09
John Tavares, Anders Lee, Calvin De Haan, Casey Czikas, Anders Nilsson, Mikko Koskinen

Colorado in o9
Matt Duchene, Ryan O'Reilly, Tyson Barrie, Stefan Elliott

Nashville in 09
Ryan Ellis, Matthias Ekholm, Craig Smith, Gabriel Bourque, Michael Latta, Taylor Beck

Washington in 06
Nicklas Backstrom, Semyon Varlamov, Mathieu Perreault, Michal Neuvirth

St. Louis in 10
Vladimir Tarasenko, Jaden Schwartz

La in 05
Anne Kopitar, Jonathan Quick

NYI in 08

Josh Bailey, Jared Spurgeon, Travis Hamonic, Matt Martin, Kevin Poulin, Aaron Ness, Matt Donovan, David Ullstrom,

---

Should I do a series of top 5? 7? 10?

If so which draft would need to be added???

Love me some Anne Kopitar.

My vote goes to Montreal.

Reactions: Mitch nylander

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
I voted MTL 2007.... What's impressive about MTL's 2007 draft is they didn't have any top 10 picks, and they ended up drafting 3 elite players.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Boston in 06 or Caps in 08 with Carlson and Holtby

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Boston or Colorado

Suprised Montreal is winning so easily I don't see that draft as close to the top, certainly behind the two I mentioned as well as the Kings draft and Nashville, if not others.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It's not quite the "quantity" of some of those teams' drafts, but the Penguins' 2005 draft should probably be an option given the quality.

Sidney Crosby ('nuff said)
Kris Letang (elite #1 defenseman)
Joe Vitale (4th line grinder who played 234 games)

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Montreal '07

That was a pretty weak draft overall but they managed to walk out with 3 All-Star players including a multi time Norris winner

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I’d say Montreal probably. But the Avs 09 draft was fantastic as well. A elite 2C, top 10 offensive dman, and a low end 1C.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Didn't Boston trade for Rask on that same day as well?

Ya, not a bad summer as they also signed Chara and M. Savard.

Boston's '14 draft is really impressive also. They won the President's trophy that year so their first pick was 25 and they only had 5 picks total in a relatively very weak draft but walked out of it with

Pastrnak, Bjork, Heinen and Donato.
Pasta would probably go 1st OA while the other three would probably go in the first round and all have started the season with the Bruins this year. Considering where these guys were drafted and the year - it's about as good as it gets.

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
Ya, not a bad summer as they also signed Chara and M. Savard.

Boston's '14 draft is really impressive also. They won the President's trophy that year so their first pick was 25 and they only had 5 picks total in a relatively very weak draft but walked out of it with

Pastrnak, Bjork, Heinen and Donato.
Pasta would probably go 1st OA while the other three would probably go in the first round and all have started the season with the Bruins this year. Considering where these guys were drafted and the year - it's about as good as it gets.

If only they could have a do-over on that 2015 debacle. Back to back to back and the three guys that went directly after were Barzal, Connor and Chabot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad