Best draft pick 2nd round last 20 years

Best draft pick 2nd round last 20 years

• Total voters

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Bergeron over Keith?

That’s pretty insane to me. Bergeron is great obviously but uhhhh Keith has Norrises and a Conn Smythe. Bergeron has Selkes. Has Bergeron ever been the best at his position like Keith?
Bergeron started earlier and seems like he'll last longer atleast playing at a higher level.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Bergeron. Kucherov if he does this season again

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
how is this not kucherov 100%. He just had 128 pts!

Longevity, and showing up when it matters.

Bergeron is a gamer, and has a long history of being a high end player. Similar argument for Keith, though I’d say slightly less of one. I think Keith has played at a higher level, but not for quite as long.

Kucherov has played at the highest level, but the span of time is very short so far. There is also the playoff argument. Bergeron and Keith both have success in the playoffs as key players for their respective teams, and Stanley Cups to show for it. Kucherov isn’t there yet.

The argument could very quickly turn in his favor, but right now it’s short-term regular season success vs. career success(including success in the playoffs).

I can’t speak for anyone else, but it’s a no-brainer for me. The argument is between Bergeron and Keith, at this stage.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
It’ll likely end up being Kucherov once it’s all said and done but for now I voted Duncan Keith. It was between him and Bergeron but I feel some may be forgetting just how much of a beast Keith was during his prime at the peak of the Hawks run.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Bergeron for career and longevity, then Keith for his peak and early career, then you start looking at the Weber's, Subban's, and Kucherov's.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Duncan Keith. Norris Trophy + 3 Cups + Smythe.
Bergeron. Selke + Cup.
3rd has to be Kucherov right now but that could change as we haven't really seen the best of guys like Aho (he's much better than Kucherov at the same age but that doesn't mean linear improvement).

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I feel like people are overselling Bergeron's longevity compared to Keith. Keith became an elite player before Bergeron and was elite until 2 seasons ago

Reactions: HangFromRafts

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Kucherov just had the best season statistically in the last 14 years. As good as Bergeron has been, it's very clearly Kucherov.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Kucherov just had the best season statistically in the last 14 years. As good as Bergeron has been, it's very clearly Kucherov.
Kucherov has been a top 20 player for 2, maybe 3 years. Bergeron has for more than twice as long.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Bergeron is still considered elite.

I know, my point is it's only been 2 seasons since Keith was elite and he was also at that level at least a season before Bergeron. Their longevity is basically a wash as it stands. Bergeron might end up clearly ahead there given where his game is currently, but he hasn't done it yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad