Best Defensive Forward of All Time?

Best Defensive Forward of All Time?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
After some debate in the Clarke vs. Trottier thread, I thought this might be a good poll. Obviously, I can't include everyone but I think this is a pretty good selection of the best defensive players in NHL history. That said, feel free to include a write-in vote, if I missed someone obvious.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I don't have it handy but Clarke's defensive play at his peak was absurd. He was on the ice for roughly 20 GA in his peak years, during a high scoring era, with heavy minutes and without any defensive stalwarts on his line or behind him on defence.

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
It might be recency bias but I went with Bergeron. He's one of my favourite non-Flames, such a good player at both ends of the ice.

streitz

Jul 22, 2018
Gainey and Carbonneau. Bergeron doesn't come close to these two but alot of younger kids on these forums to vote for him.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
When his career ends, and with another selke or two under his belt it will be Bergeron, and it won't really be close. Hell, i think it's Bergeron right now to be honest.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
I don't have it handy but Clarke's defensive play at his peak was absurd. He was on the ice for roughly 20 GA in his peak years, during a high scoring era, with heavy minutes and without any defensive stalwarts on his line or behind him on defence.
This.

Anyone old enough to have witnessed Clarke and Gainey game to game would tell you clarke.

Bergeron and datsyuk are the next waive

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I've seen arguments that Carbs was even better than Gainey. How much really separates Carbs from Bergeron?

Like other said, Clarke's goals against numbers some years were insane. He might be the answer.

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
Will have to go with Clarke on this one. Probably equal defensively to Bergeron but with higher offensive skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad