Best Defensive Defenseman

best defensive dman

• Total voters

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
From what we've seen this year, small sample size I know, McDonagh might be better defensively than Hedman. That's not something I say lightly. The big difference between them is Hedman's offense, but, defensively, McDonagh is a monster.

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
Lol you're clueless. karlsson is easily the better defender at this moment.

It's amazing how much people judge defensive play by reputation rather than how the players are actually playing.

I'm sorry, what? Karlsson is better than Vlasic defensively? Vlasic at his worst is better than Karlsson @ his best.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Lol the ignorance is outstanding

****ing joakim Ryan and Brendan Dillion have been better than Vlasic

I'm sorry, what? Karlsson is better than Vlasic defensively? Vlasic at his worst is better than Karlsson @ his best.

You are actually right
Karlsson this season has better shot suppression and:
CA/60
SA/60
SCA/60
HDCA/60
HDGA/60

Obviously zone starts should be considered but Vlasic has been garbage this year defensively

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
20 games changes a decade of play? OK BUD.
Must have some sort of hate-on for Pickles.

From my understanding Vlasic has been playing like this for like 2 years. From what I've seen Vlasic shouldn't be anywhere near the conversation for best defensive defenceman. Hell he's arguably been the worst defensive defenceman on his team.

But he'll still get tons of talk as the best because reputation.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
You are actually right
Karlsson this season has better shot suppression and:
CA/60
SA/60
SCA/60
HDCA/60
HDGA/60

Obviously zone starts should be considered but Vlasic has been garbage this year defensively

Goes with the eye test.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
From my understanding Vlasic has been playing like this for like 2 years. From what I've seen Vlasic shouldn't be anywhere near the conversation for best defensive defenceman. Hell he's arguably been the worst defensive defenceman on his team.

But he'll still get tons of talk as the best because reputation.

That actually fits

1.5 -- 2 years ago Tanev and Vlasic were absolute MONSTERS defensively. They had such good defensive metrics. Literally on a different level in terms of defensive play.

But both have dropped considerably. But Tanev has been playing the worst team in the league over the last 3 seasons. Vlasic doesnt have the same excuse considering who his partners were, while Tanev was playing with Sbisa, and MDZ for instance.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Another person who hasn't watched the players with any type of critical eye.

HF gon HF

You want the truth? I haven't watched Vlasic at all this season. I just haven't heard much about his play falling off and his reputation precedes him. My full apologies for having an opinion that will be in everyone's lives for 5 seconds never to be thought of again. I'll be honest....that comment is snobby to the point that it's actually pretty funny.

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Haven't checked the numbers but doughty looks like ass out there at times.

I'll go Lindholm for the young legs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad