Best Defenseman from 2018 1st round?

Which will have the best career?

• Total voters

Brovalchuk

Dec 8, 2011
In your opinion (informed or not), which 3 of these defensemen from the 1st round of the 2018 draft is going have the best career? I feel this is still very obviously up in the air, so I'm just gauging opinions. I am not including Dahlin or Hughes for the purpose of this poll.

You can choose 3 and post your ranking in the comments. or don't. I don't care.

Brovalchuk

Dec 8, 2011
Its a bit early for this isn't it?

Its hard to gauge these defenders when several are just now established or are in process of establishing themselves as NHL defenders

Yes, it might be early, but it's just a bit of fun projection. I think this is a really strong group of players and it will be interesting to see what they become. also the offseason is boring.

Reactions: RedWingzz

Brovalchuk

Dec 8, 2011
You could really make a case for most of these guys.

I see 3 tiers here,

Tier 1: Boqvist, Bouchard, Dobson, Smith, Miller, Lundkvist and Sandin
Tier 2: Merkley, Beaudin, Alexeyev, JBD
Tier 3: Johansson

I completely agree. there is a ton of potential and upside in these guys, and i think it could end up being one of the better 1st rounds for Dmen in a while. It's also intriguing that this poll will likely look radically different in 3+ years.

Lua

Nov 10, 2010
Troy
Even without considering points, Ty Smith just looked way more impressive to me than Dobson or Miller last season.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Its a bit early for this isn't it?

Its hard to gauge these defenders when several are just now established or are in process of establishing themselves as NHL defenders

It is very early to be sure but I took Ty Smith who is a lock barring injury IMO.

After that it's a bit cloudy, took Dobson although I think he is awkward offensively then Bouchard who is the opposite of Dobson.

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Smith - Already a stud
Boqvist - Been following this kid since he came to Brynas in 2015 and he's got the potential to become a huge star
Miller/Dobson - Both looking soo promising

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Miller had a hot two weeks to start the season, and then was garbage the rest of the year.
Easily Smith as of now but his play dropped off significantly as well. He was a Calder front runner in the first half of the season. Typical rookie wall and being on one of the worst teams in the league took its toll. I'm sure next year or the following he will break out, and expect same from Keandre but wont have the same offensive impact unless he gets more aggressive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad