Fremont, CA
How is Nashville superior to San Jose?

Karlsson>Subban
Burns>Josi
Vlasic=Ellis
Ryan<Ekholm
Dillon>Irwin
Braun>Weber

San Jose is better at the top and down the bottom.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
NSH, TBL, SJ and Car should be the only teams on the list imo with no one else even close.

Out of the 4 its really up to preference on which skill distribution you prefer.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee

Karlsson>Subban
Burns>Josi
Vlasic=Ellis
Ryan<Ekholm
Dillon>Irwin
Braun>Weber

Burns<Subban
Karlsson>Josi
Vlasic=Ekholm
Ryan<<Ellis
Dillon=Hamhuis
Braun>Weber

I think Burns is overrated somewhat, Ekholm is as good as Vlasic, and Ellis is way better than whoever the SJS #4 is. And the Preds #5 is Hamhuis, not Irwin.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Burns<Subban
Karlsson>Josi
Vlasic=Ekholm
Ryan<<Ellis
Dillon=Hamhuis
Braun>Weber

I think Burns is overrated somewhat, Ekholm is as good as Vlasic, and Ellis is way better than whoever the SJS #4 is. And the Preds #5 is Hamhuis, not Irwin.

So Ellis gets a >> compared to Joakim Ryan, but Karlsson only gets one compared to Josi? Come on now. Karlsson is miles ahead of Josi. I think Burns is better than Subban as well but at least that one is debatable.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
You're right, Karlsson deserves another <. But according to my calculations, that makes the d-cores equal.

I think that’s a fair assessment. I don’t agree that Subban is superior to Burns, but I can totally respect it as a realistic claim, and so I will accept it for the purposes of my next argument: San Jose’s D is better than Nashville’s, because they have the best piece. Karlsson>Josi or Karlsson>Subban is more important than any other difference between two players.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.

Karlsson>Subban
Burns>Josi
Vlasic=Ellis
Ryan<Ekholm
Dillon>Irwin
Braun>Weber

Oh, so you made the poll just to pump your own team's defence. Now it makes sense.

Karlsson>Subban
Burns<Josi
Vlasic=Ekholm
Braun<<<Ellis
Dillon<Irwin
Ryan<Weber

San Jose has more excitement at the top end, but Ellis tips it in Nashville's favour for me.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Oh, so you made the poll just to pump your own team's defence. Now it makes sense.

Karlsson>Subban
Burns<Josi
Vlasic=Ekholm
Braun<<<Ellis
Dillon<Irwin
Ryan<Weber

San Jose has more excitement at the top end, but Ellis tips it in Nashville's favour for me.

I mean, obviously, yes. But between the two of us, I honestly think the guy who says Burns<Josi, Dillon<Irwin, and Ryan<Weber, is somebody that is even more biased than I, and whose post is even more agenda driven than I.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Karlsson>Subban
Burns<Josi
Vlasic=Ekholm

Braun<<<Ellis
Dillon<Irwin
Ryan<Weber

The bolded are debatable. Ellis isn't three "<<<" better than Braun.

You got one right though.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

Karlsson>Subban
Burns<Josi
Vlasic=Ekholm
Braun<<<Ellis
Dillon<Irwin
Ryan<Weber

Brutal. Nashville fans and San Jose fans alike will agree that your assessment of the bottom pairings is insane and simply false. The fact that you have Ryan as the worst in the group of SJ players speaks volumes. Get a clue before you offer your opinion publicly. Irwin couldn't hold a candle to Dillon when they were both Sharks. Nothing has changed.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'm still taking Nashville but SJ is right behind IMO.

Disagree.

Karlsson is the best D-men of both teams, Burns is in the mix with Subban& Josi, and I take Vlasic over either Ekhol/Ellis.

Carolina has the best depth but San Jose has the best D-core due to the superstar power they have.

San Jose
Nashville
Tampa
Carolina.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad