Best Defencemen on your team THIS YEAR.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Fowler seems to be a whipping boy this season, but I feel like people ignore some of his contributions because they are frustrated he isn't doing more. That's my top 3, as well, especially looking at even strength play, which is really where Anaheim is the best.

But I'm sure I'll get called a hater. I just have more faith in those three.

I don't think Fowler has been as good as last year but he's still damn good. Some of the things he does go completely unnoticed because he makes it look so easy doing them. He's still at the very worst clearly our number 3 guy this season.

SLarmer28*

Keith
Seabrook
Hjalmarsson

Oduya

Rundblad

Rozsival (stick a fork in him, he's done)

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I think Beauchemin is the best one, Lindholm has made the biggest progress and Fowler has regressed a bit from last season but like mentioned, he is still pretty damn good. Then it`s Vatanen, Stoner, Lovejoy.

HM to Manson who has basically jumped out of nowhere and played solid for a stretch before rookie mistakes startet to come in. He`s in the AHL now but he looked like a guy who will be able to play top4 minutes sooner than later.

blevine77

Sep 6, 2007
Am I the only one who still instantly thinks of this man when Kevin Klein is mentioned?

c71cd-a-fish-called-wanda-1.gif

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Kronwall is the only D who you can say play both ends equally on a high level. DeKeyser comes after him, but not really close overall. Quincey has been surprisingly solid defensively and comes in third. Smith and Ericsson have been mediocre and the rest are not worth talking about(Ouellet's fine but not even a dozen games played).

Karlsson2Turris*

Karlsson

Ceci

Cowen
Borowiecki
Wiercoch
Gryba

Phillips

Please come back Methot!

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
easily edler/tanev combo. shutting the oppositions number 1 line on most nights. they read off each other well.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
People say Kevin Klein, but he's just the most improved. It's still McDonagh. He had a rough start but I believe since coming back from injury McDonagh has 11 points in 16 games and is a +13.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
Idgaf what anyone says anymore Erik Johnson is a top 15 defenseman in the NHL this year. Absolute stud.

Swept In Seven

Disciple of The Zook
Apr 27, 2010
Anton Strålman for Tampa. While Hedman is probably the best answer he already had high expectations for him based on his last season and Strålman was much more of a surprise.

Strålman should not have been a surprise, he was one of the steadiest blueliners on last year's Stanley Cup finalists. Still pissed they didn't retain him.

I'd like to say McD but Kevin Klein has been amazing this season

seancolorado

Oct 8, 2011
EJ.

But Hejda deserves some credit. That pairing just works. It's a lot easier for EJ to bulldoze his way through center ice when he knows he can rely on Hejda.

He didn't really have that unspoken chemistry of 'I know where you are, you know what I'll do' with the other guys.

For this reason I'm glad Roy stopped his beginning of the year experiments and put them back together. I have to wonder how much of that early experimentation was motivated by the fact that Jan is no young buck anymore and that Roy wanted to find a potential long-term partner for EJ (I mean, just look at the all-star menu he had to select from, handedness aside: pet projects Guenin & Holden, old man Stuart, Redmond, and the offensively gifted but defensively inconsistent Barrie...woo, jumping out of my chair!)

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Yup, Erik Johnson is the obvious answer for Avs fan, he is very reliable defensively !! Last year I saw him do some offensive rush and damn the way he carries the puck end-to-end is outstanding like Subban does the strengh and speed he has is similar, well it's my opinion.. As a canadian, I still can't believe US didn't pick him in the Olympics

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Considering most of our Dmen have been injured...its been Byfuglien, hands down. the guy has just excelled since he was placed back there.

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
Trouba may have been our best until his injury. But then Byfuglien decided to make the most of his reincarnation and dominate defensively. so... Buff. Bogosian and Enstrom were playing great too against the top competition when they were in the lineup. I'd still say Buff though.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Considering most of our Dmen have been injured...its been Byfuglien, hands down. the guy has just excelled since he was placed back there.

I've got Big Buff on my fantasy team so naturally I've been watching a lot of Jets games, and he is a flat out stud. Such a fun player to watch.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Hamilton pretty easily. He's the only one that was somewhat consistent and he did really well when Chara was out.

LionelHutz*

Letang I suppose due to him being the least/sick/Getting some freak medical condition,Despres and Erhoff would be a tie for runner up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->