OT: Best days to go to La Ronde?

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
La Ronde is ridiculous, you can tell it's owned by six flags now because their goal is 100% profit and they don't give a **** about the people anymore. Who can afford to go there now? And an even better question, how the hell do all those trailer park people afford to go there? When I used to go to La Ronde I felt like I stepped into another country full of white trash.

As opposed to most businesses that don't want to make profit?

Mynameismark*

I just went last week.

The price is 56 bucks but you save 10 bucks if you print out the ticket online through their site.
Or you save 35 percent off the price if you go through zinga or whatever it was called. I'll find the name of it.

I went on a sunny tuesday and the lines were long for the rides. I did them all though, some twice.

You can bring in your own water bottles, that's a fact. Not your own food though. You must go back out of the park to eat at the picnic site.

The Monster was closed when I went there which was dissapointing. I think it may be closed for the year.

The only thing you pay extra for is the cannonball, those rides where you are basicall free falling to the ground and stuff. Not for children really anyway.

Had a good time all the same, Goliath is rad.

Issacar

Jan 19, 2011
end of september is usually one of the better time. It's not too cold yet and there are less people.

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
Do they still have the Nintendo Megadome?

Its all WII games now...and its definitely not MEGA.... it's really small now, I went a month ago, was disappointed with that aspect.

Other than that, to enjoy the day you have to buy the flash pass so you dont wait lines of over an hour.

Issacar

Jan 19, 2011
Its all WII games now...and its definitely not MEGA.... it's really small now, I went a month ago, was disappointed with that aspect.

Other than that, to enjoy the day you have to buy the flash pass so you dont wait lines of over an hour.

It's to be expected, Wii is a crappy console that collects dust in 90% of the homes it is in. the Wii U is an even worst gimmick.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

I remember the best days of the Megadome where I would rush in an play all the new SNES and N64 games for 15 min, run out and jump right back in line. Fun times.

anybody ever see this demo for Final Fantasy on the N64 that never was released

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPO7c_XmesU

Last edited:

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
Best time to go to la ronde is never.

You're a party pooper.

Go around Halloween! It's a good time. I loved it. Everyone is disguised, the parc is decorated, the line-ups aren't too long, and you can get your kids disguised by some talented make-up people.

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
Best time to go to la ronde is never.
Best time to go to la ronde was 20-25 years ago.

The summer pass (meaning, you can go as many times as you want during the summer, with no rides restrictions) was 30$ (for teens). There was as many rides as there is today, including la maison hantée and le palais des glaces (lol I know). There was some waiting (20 minutes was long by then), but being a teenager, I was going 3 times a week. So I remember finishing a ride in the monster, just to run around and be able to get in the next one, without waiting. Sometimes you could stay seating in the Bateau Pirate without having to get out. Great times. Food was expensive but you could bring your own. But you could also make money in there, precisely in the Flying Carpet (maybe it's still like that) by placing your feet in a position to catch all the money falling and going around from people's pockets. Money I was not spending on food but in the arcade of course.

Yeah I'm kinda old

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
Best time to go to la ronde was 20-25 years ago.

The summer pass (meaning, you can go as many times as you want during the summer, with no rides restrictions) was 30$ (for teens). There was as many rides as there is today, including la maison hantée and le palais des glaces (lol I know). There was some waiting (20 minutes was long by then), but being a teenager, I was going 3 times a week. So I remember finishing a ride in the monster, just to run around and be able to get in the next one, without waiting. Sometimes you could stay seating in the Bateau Pirate without having to get out. Great times. Food was expensive but you could bring your own. But you could also make money in there, precisely in the Flying Carpet (maybe it's still like that) by placing your feet in a position to catch all the money falling and going around from people's pockets. Money I was not spending on food but in the arcade of course.

Yeah I'm kinda old

was the same 13 years ago when I had my season pass as a 15 year old.
My cousin and I would be there 3-4 times a week, and we would never wait more than 15-20 minutes for whatever ride.

When I went a month ago for a friends bday I was shocked to see the waiting that had to be done by people. (We had the new speed pass thing so we didnt wait).

Back in the day I remember going on the Salt n Pepper 18 times in a row, yes, 18 straight times, never had to leave our seat, when we finally got up, the guy asked us what was wrong with us lol

The one ride I was disappointed was gone when I went recently was the Magic Carpet. (Tapis Magique) used to really enjoy that one.

Anyway, I wont be going back there until my kids wanna go, not for me anymore, I rather drive to Wonderland or somewhere in the States. rides are better

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad