best contracts in the league

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
i think that a guy who doesnt get talked about enough in the best contract discussion is pavel dats...er, sean couturier. best player in the league for 3 more years at under 4.5 mil per. nathan mackinnon is also brought up a lot in this discussion. what contracts do you think are the best?

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
i think that a guy who doesnt get talked about enough in the best contract discussion is pavel dats...er, sean couturier. best player in the league for 3 more years at under 4.5 mil per. nathan mackinnon is also brought up a lot in this discussion. what contracts do you think are the best?

giphy.gif

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Is this actually meant to warrant a legitimate discussion? Why post something so preposterous in the OP unless you're bored and just want to start a silly argument.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
I will take the combo of Brad Marchand and David Pastrnak at a cap hit of 12.7 for the next 4 years. Add Bergeron's contract and you have 3 elite players at 20 million for the next 3 years. Insane value right there.

Also John Klingberg, who is one of the best dmen in the NHL and is constantly underrated, at 4.25 for the next 3 years

Last edited:

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Ignoring the fact you called Sean Couturier the best player in the league (I hope/assume you meant it in another way)
I think the best contracts are:
Mackinnon 6.3 x 4
Barkov 5.9 x 3
Scheifele 6.125 x 5
Arvidsson 4.25 x 5
Gibson 6.4 x 8 (Could end up bad cause goalies are random but he's not old and could already be the best in the league; looks better compared to other goalie contracts)

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Couturier could be the best value player not on an ELC.

But I'm pretty sure McDavid is the best player.

Reactions: Dr Salt

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Any contract that doesn't buy out more then 2 UFA years isn't a good contract. All it does is ensure the next contract will be top dollar. Its like borrowing a dollar today to pay back twenty in 3 days. Its short sighted at the very best.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Won't comment about other teams, but on Carolina, the best value are probably:

Slavin (25 years old) : $5.3M for another 6 years
Pesce (24 years old) : $4.025M for another 5 years
Teravainen (24 years old) : $5.4M for another 5 years
All good contracts. Salvin you are getting 5 ufa years and the other 2 you are getting 3. When these contracts end they wont be in their prime and wont have the leverage to demand top dollar and term. These are contracts you should be proud of.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Klingberg at $4.25 mil per year through 2021-22 has to be extremely high of those with the best contracts in the league.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
I'm a Flyers fan and Couts is probably my favorite player right now but he's certainly not the best player in the NHL. He's a lot higher up than most people will rank him and he's probably the best value in the league but not the best player.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Couturier could be the best value player not on an ELC.

But I'm pretty sure McDavid is the best player.

I can't think of any better players who make under $5 million and aren't on an ELC, honestly.

Every other season, Shayne Gostisbehere alternates between having one of the best contracts in the league and having one of the contracts in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad