Best Coach of This Era #3

Who is the Best Coach of This Era?

• Total voters

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Sutter. While the Kings missed in his final year they were still the top 5v5 xGF% team in the league at 55%, since he left they've been a 48 xGF% team.

Reactions: Aladyyn

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
So the 3rd best coach in this NHL poll can’t win one playoff series in 8 years? No point even trying to figure out who is #4.
But we're not only going back 8 years. We're going back 14 years. He's won 12 playoff series since then.

Reactions: Teemu

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Boudreau and Cooper have two of the highest winning % in NHL history, and they're not even options to vote for?

I get that playoff success is considered a big factor, but keep in mind Trotz had very little playoff success up until last year.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Boudreau and Cooper have two of the highest winning % in NHL history, and they're not even options to vote for?

I get that playoff success is considered a big factor, but keep in mind Trotz had very little playoff success up until last year.
Both guys who have coached primarily extremely talented teams, have not had to coach rebuilding teams much if at all. We'll see how Boudreau's record holds up over the next couple years in Minnesota.

But are you saying you would be voting for one of these guys at #3? If so, I'd question your judgement. If not, then they'll surely be added to the list by the time you're looking to vote for them.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Both guys who have coached primarily extremely talented teams, have not had to coach rebuilding teams much if at all. We'll see how Boudreau's record holds up over the next couple years in Minnesota.

But are you saying you would be voting for one of these guys at #3? If so, I'd question your judgement. If not, then they'll surely be added to the list by the time you're looking to vote for them.

There are 12 people on your list to vote for, +2 already voted as #1-2.

They don't have to definitely be #3 to be in the poll, just top ~15 based on the number of polling options available.

I'd question your judgement to not include them in your top 15.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
There are 12 people on your list to vote for, +2 already voted as #1-2.

They don't have to definitely be #3 to be in the poll, just top ~15 based on the number of polling options available.

I'd question your judgement to not include them in your top 15.
No one has suggested to add them until now, or other coaches were suggested more. They will be on the list by the time people will be considering voting for them. Problem solved.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Babcock is really overrated. Here are the highlights of his resume:

-Cup finals with Ducks (Giguere is the only reason why they made it that far)
-1 cup with Detroit (a cucumber could have coached that team to a respectable record)
-Gold medal with Canada (see above)

How is he even in the conversation for 3rd? I don't get it.

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
No Michel Therrien?
231511.jpg

Reactions: Bouboumaster

Vaporwave

Jan 19, 2019
Trotz is way to high in 2nd...

Top 3 should be Q, Sutter, Claude

I guess winning a Cup then taking the worst defensive team (with the most GA in 15 years) and cutting down the GA by 100 to win the Jennings didn't impress you...

It's Trotz and Q then everyone else a tier or two below.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Hitchcock is still coaching but you're right he's a different era

Hitch isn't the worst coach we've had an I love how up front he is an how many questions he answers, but he's not a top 10 coach on earth by any means at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad