Best coach not in the NHL?

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Did he not get canned recently?

I was going to mention Jalonen too, but then I remembered that Sutter exists, so it is probably him.
I think he is the head coach of the Chinese KHL team.

I have to go with Sutter but I am not very knowledgeable about the European guys.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I think the meaning of the words are confusing you.
Fact = Something you can prove by statistics or science.
Opinion = Your thoughts (doesn’t have to be anywhere near the truth)

What you just wrote was not a fact, but an opinion.

It is a fact that Sweden, Russia, Finland and even Czech republic has had success in the Olympics, despite having worse teams and non-NHL coaches.

Thanks for trying though!

Yes until they let Canada put 3 teams in other countries will be able to have some limited success despite sub-par coaching.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
It's Daryl Sutter, but I'm going to throw out a name that hasn't been said yet as a good option, Jeremy Colliton. He's 33 if I'm not mistaken, which is a bit too green for the NHL, but he was very well regarded in the SHL the last couple years and he's currently making the Rockford Icehogs not be a tire fire. He'll be a good one to keep an eye on for the next decade.

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
Leif "Leffe" Boork.

oforutsett6-0-jpg

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010
Ralph Krueger was great... and he got his team to 2nd place in the 2016 world cup of hockey. Nice to see he didn't give up on hockey completely after the way the Oilers organization treated him. We could really use a guy like him back in the organization now. What a shame the way he was fired.

But why would he come back to the NHL? Seems like he has a great job with Southampton, and he's probably paid well there.

Interesting article from last year:
Who is Ralph Krueger and why isn't he coaching in NHL?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad