Best Coach? If Not Babcock then Who?

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Two part question:

1. Please name the best current hockey coach in the world.

2. Excluding Mike Babcock, which coach should the Leafs pursue to change the culture of this team and teach them the new right way to play the game? Can be a current NHL coach with an expiring contract or a KHL, AHL, CHL, NCAA, etc. coach.

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
Dale Hunter? They have been grooming Dylan Hunter to take over the team in London.

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
Blashill for NHL team and O'Keefe for Marlies.

We know the team is going to be a bad one next season. Which is why I don't see any established coach come in for a rebuilding team. That rules out Babcock, Hitchcock, McLellan if they become available.

Rufio65*

1) Best coach in the world= Darryl Sutter

2) Mike Keenan or Torts. I would like a slave driving coach , that would demand accountability. They bring a ton of credibility.. All they have to do is show their Stanley Cup Rings. Keenan won the KHL championship last year, so he's still bringing it! These 2 would immediately change the culture.

Doug Weight is a great up and comer if they don't want a re tread.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Dale Hunter? They have been grooming Dylan Hunter to take over the team in London.
Do you think with Mark Hunter already working for the Leafs it would mean Dale would be around a lot longer compared to when he coached in Washington? I mean besides him missing his family which I think was the reason he quit the Capitals, why else would he quit after only half a season of coaching in the NHL?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad