Best COD?

• Total voters

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
In terms of hours played

MW2 > MW > WAW

In terms of my enjoyment

WAW > MW > MW2

I just really loved World at War for some reason. I hoped WW2 was going to be a good, up to date equivalent but it missed the mark for me. Probably done with the franchise at this point as it was my last hope

So you loved that but never played a black ops game? Alrighty

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
WaW. MW2 was fun at first, but then the game and community went to shit. Stopped playing CoD and got Bad Company 2 instead and enjoyed it much more.

Reactions: Lancer

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Least popular pick but I always loved COD 3. Used to play online all the time before all the perks and ridiculous stuff they have now. Stats didn’t even carry over so people were far more cooperative and it wasn’t every man for himself.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
The relationship between MW and MW2 is the same as Halo 2 and Halo 3 IMHO. In that MW (like Halo 2) was such a game-changing and foundational online experience that it's tough not to love it more, but if you really think about it, MW2 (like Halo 3) did everything the previous game did, just a little better. It added new things and refined the things that needed to be refined.

The maps weren’t as good though (not bad by any means. Just not as good), and that’s arguably the most important part of the games

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
To each their own. I never had a problem with most of the maps AFAIK. Once you figured them out it actually made things pretty easy IMHO

Rygu

Dec 24, 2017
B.C.
The first CoD on PC was the best by far imo. I didn't really enjoy any CoD since.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
There arent enough maps in WW2...Unless im supposed to be paying to get more...which i refuse.

MW3 had just enough in terms of multiplayer maps. I played that game non stop for about 4 years.

Village, Mission and Dome.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
I have a soft spot for COD 2 as my first COD game. COD 4 is the classic, and I have an admitted bias for Infinite Warfare.

However, if you include the United Offensive expansion as part of the experience, the original COD is where it's at.

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Single Player: COD 4

Multiplayer: Spent most time playing Black Ops 1. Something was just so addicting about the 1st Black Ops multiplayer.

HM: MW2

Worst: Ghosts or BO3. Both were awful in all aspects for me.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
MW2 and Black Ops 2 were the ones that I enjoyed playing online. Probably because I played them the most with friends in HS and college. I'll still pop them in to play every now and then

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad