Best blade for $50ish

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I would stay away from Easton. I used to use them, and the have a great feel, but unless things have changed, and it's quite possible they have, that feel comes at the expense of durability. Synergy blades die faster than any other I've seen.

By contrast, the blade on my One piece Vapor XXXX has been an absolute tank, shoots great, and has pretty good feel, or at least acceptable feel. When it finally gives way, if I don't get another OPS, I'll be buying a bauer blade.

thedonger

Mar 4, 2007
i think it depends what you're looking for.
if you want something that's super light and lively and don't mind the "pingy" feel, the the x60 is the way to go.
if you want something with a more "wood-like" feel then go with the dolo DD. personally, i prefer the dd for stickhandling and receiving passes(excels in that category), but the x60 is a bit lighter and seems to have a slight edge in shooting. both solid choices though.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
The Vapor XXXX blade I have in my outdoor stick is ridiculously strong. I've had it for over three years and it's still stiff. The bottom is ground to hell because I use it on tennis courts and shooting pads but...wow.

I really think the new APX series Vapor sticks will be the best composites ever made. X60 shooting and flex characteristics with Total One puck feel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad