Best Beat Writers for the Draft

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Just wondering who for your team are the best beat writers for the draft. The ones who leaks good inside information and ones you can trust.

I was listening to Path to the Draft on the NFL Network ... football thing but still related ... and Charley Casserley, former NFL GM, said that when preparing the draft, they made their own mock draft and tracked as best as possible what credible info leaked in the media. So, in hockey, what media should we follow for your team?

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
Usually team sports writer dont know much about the nhl draft. as you know mathletic other than Mathias Brunet in Montreal no one know anything about the nhl draft. Can't say about other city but most of the time they take info from other source because i doubt they watch some more than 1 jr game all year. and i wouldn't trust them to provided a scouting report or anything like that.

As far as hockey prospect blogger my 3 favorite are Kirk Luedeke ,Chris Peters and Corey Pronman.

asmodeanreborn

Jun 14, 2010
Longmont, CO
And some team writers, like Adrian Dater, fail to learn anything about hockey at all despite writing about it for years.

As already mentioned, the only reasonably good information from team writers is usually stuff they took from somewhere else.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Russo, beat writer for the Wild, is a pretty knowledgeable guy. You can look at his stuff on twitter.com/russostrib , he'll probably do pretty well, IMO. Especially since it'll be on his turf. Or...ice :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad