OT: Best BBQ restaurant in Arizona

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Does not look like it could satisfy my hunger. Do they serve bigger portions?

But honestly i never ate real bbq in my life.
Yeah i made ribs before (and they where awesome) and my steaks and Bratwürste are good too, but i never had like real american bbq.
Man, we need a good, american bbq joint in Tilburg or near my hometown. :C

The good BBQ places will let you order any quantity you want--they put it on a scale and charge by weight.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Not a big fan of BBQ, but I do know Brians BBQ in Cave Creek has won a lot of awards and was presented on the food network quite a few times.

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Does not look like it could satisfy my hunger. Do they serve bigger portions?

But honestly i never ate real bbq in my life.
Yeah i made ribs before (and they where awesome) and my steaks and Bratwürste are good too, but i never had like real american bbq.
Man, we need a good, american bbq joint in Tilburg or near my hometown. :C

Most of the places allow you to purchase by the pound. The half rack of ribs and couple sides at POAF is plenty for me and I'm a big guy.

The brisket has been good. I have never eaten it and said "wow". I'm sure the ranking is correct in the publication, but perhaps undeserved? That's what I should have said. BBQ is pretty subjective, I'm likely wrong.

I'm not sure who provided the brisket that was served near section 116 the past several years, but it was better than what I have been getting at the Pork on the Fork stand.

Yes BBQ is definitely subjective. I was just going by the ranking in the paper, the reviews, and my personal experience. I am not saying POAF is best BBQ in the country just the best I've had in AZ and it is right at our arena. Heck I loved the Beef Ribs at Tony Roma. Claim Jumper also used to have pretty good beef ribs but don't like their baby backs.

Some people will sit in lines for an hour for Inn and Out burger. While the burgers are decent I wouldn't call them great. Just personal preference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->