OT: Best BBQ restaurant in Arizona

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
What kind of BBQ are you asking about? All kinds? Specific kinds? Does Korean BBQ count in what you're asking?

Last edited:

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Little Miss is the Best in PHX no question but good luck getting it. Have to show up at 10:30 or so and get in line. When they run out.. they run out.

Enjoying some Little Miss for lunch right now. Went there around 1:30, only a 10 minute wait. There were out of ribs and turkey, but still had brisket, pulled pork and sausage. Going around noon is insane, 45 minute waits are common.

In heaven right now, their stuff is so good.

Last edited:

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Made it to Little Miss again yesterday, don't want to talk about how long I was in line. Ribs and brisket:

gb3gjhNl.jpg

Reactions: Katie Connauton

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Yet another vote for Bobby Q's, I've only been to the I17/Dunlop one and while the area is a little rough around the edges you can't beat the food. It's been there for like 30 years straight or something like that, back when Metro Center was a prime destination, so clearly they must be doing something right!

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I used to love Honey Bears but the last couple times I went it was only so-so. I've really been digging Pork On A Fork as of late.
I love their wings, I haven't had them in forever, they used to only make them on certain days of the week though. No idea if that's still the case.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
They had their final inspection yesterday according to their FB page and AZ Central said they are having a soft opening November 15. This place is going to be nuts. I'm less than a ten minute drive and can't wait.
Hope it's as good as everyone says as I'm equally close!

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
You guys might not know it but one of the 10 best BBQ places in the US as rated by USA Today is right at the arena .... Pork on a fork https://www.porkonafork.com/home . It has also been on Discovery Channel and Cooking Channel. I have not eaten as yet at the arena but it is great at its locations. Highly recommend. Now I'm hungry for it. Will go tonight for dinner. :)

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
You guys might not know it but one of the 10 best BBQ places in the US as rated by USA Today is right at the arena .... Pork on a fork https://www.porkonafork.com/home . It has also been on Discovery Channel and Cooking Channel. I have not eaten as yet at the arena but it is great at its locations. Highly recommend. Now I'm hungry for it. Will go tonight for dinner. :)

Not buying it. My only experience however is at GRA.

Also, and to my extreme displeasure, they ran out of meat (pork and brisket) before the end of the first intermission last night.

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Not buying it. My only experience however is at GRA.

Also, and to my extreme displeasure, they ran out of meat (pork and brisket) before the end of the first intermission last night.

They do tend to run out fast even at their restaurants. Did you not like the food or are you just not buying the rank? As a person who has eaten alot of BBQ in my life, including in the deep south, this place ranks very high. I have not found better BBQ thus far in AZ, although I do like Bobby Q too. You can google Pork on a Fork. There is a lot of info and videos about it. It is also on Tripadvisor. I haven't tried little Miss BBQ but will try it.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Made it to Little Miss again yesterday, don't want to talk about how long I was in line. Ribs and brisket:

gb3gjhNl.jpg
Does not look like it could satisfy my hunger. Do they serve bigger portions?

But honestly i never ate real bbq in my life.
Yeah i made ribs before (and they where awesome) and my steaks and Bratwürste are good too, but i never had like real american bbq.
Man, we need a good, american bbq joint in Tilburg or near my hometown. :C

Last edited:

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
They do tend to run out fast even at their restaurants. Did you not like the food or are you just not buying the rank? As a person who has eaten alot of BBQ in my life, including in the deep south, this place ranks very high. I have not found better BBQ thus far in AZ, although I do like Bobby Q too. You can google Pork on a Fork. There is a lot of info and videos about it. It is also on Tripadvisor. I haven't tried little Miss BBQ but will try it.

The brisket has been good. I have never eaten it and said "wow". I'm sure the ranking is correct in the publication, but perhaps undeserved? That's what I should have said. BBQ is pretty subjective, I'm likely wrong.

I'm not sure who provided the brisket that was served near section 116 the past several years, but it was better than what I have been getting at the Pork on the Fork stand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->