Best bang for buck players

Mar 11, 2013
QC
I doubt he would have gotten that, he wasnt on pace to hit those numbers, and pace almost always is higher than what the player would have gotten, just ask Rantanen
He was on pace for 47G 100Pts, he had 81pts in 66 games, seems pretty unlikely to me that he wouldn't at the very least hit 95 with 16 games to go. If you include last years playoffs he's at 78GP 101Pts.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
This was my thought as well when I clicked this thread. MacK and Kuch probably on the best value contracts in the league. Crosby up there too.

Also Barkov with 5.9 mil a year says hello.

Kucherov's this year's caphit with his point production is absolutely insane. Even if his new contract had kicked in this season the bang for buck value is insane.

Crosby's contract is long but he's an absolute beast. Can't see him post over PPG seasons for the remainder of his contract, but he absolutely should stay relevant with his athleticism and training habits.

Sakic must be the luckiest GM alive at the moment. Had Nathan exploded the year before, he should be making at least 50% more than he currently is, probably more (at least Matthews ballpark). Though I don't think Nathan complains. He's a millionaire nevertheless and his team is going to stay competitive going forward.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
He was on pace for 47G 100Pts, he had 81pts in 66 games, seems pretty unlikely to me that he wouldn't at the very least hit 95 with 16 games to go. If you include last years playoffs he's at 78GP 101Pts.
Yes I know he was on pace for 43/100, but to expect him to raise his GPG and maintain his PPG is crazy in my opinion. The grind of the full 82 games is what slows everyone down. It's always the last quarter that players have the lowest PPG.

Rantanen and the many others that started this season with insane projections are a testament to this. Only 1 player got 50 goals/100 points, I'm not willing to throw someone in that club until they actually do it.

Le Rosbeef

Jul 27, 2007
Incredible this thread doesn't include Erik Gustafsson. 17 goals and 60 points on $1.2m cap hit this year and next...

Reactions: Slimmy

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Teravainen even after his new 5 year, 27 million contract kicks in next season will be great value for a 5.4m caphit considering Nylander got 7m and TT signed after Nylander got his contract. Slavin and Pesce are also very good value on that Canes team.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Anthony Duclair? Has 8 goals in 21 games (31 goal pace) for Ottawa at $650k (league minimum).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad