Best Ball Strategies

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I noticed that I had money in my Draft account, and I was thinking about doing their huge Best Ball contest. I've never done Best Ball before, though.

For those that have played it, do you guys have any strategies? I would think that you would obviously get the studs early and take younger players and DeSean Jackson type guys (boom or bust) late.

I also noticed that Yahoo has Best Ball this year for the first time.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
From what the experts say, you'll also want to make sure you have somewhat decent depth across the board, have 2 or 3 QB's that you have confidence won't lose their starting job.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
I noticed that I had money in my Draft account, and I was thinking about doing their huge Best Ball contest. I've never done Best Ball before, though.

For those that have played it, do you guys have any strategies? I would think that you would obviously get the studs early and take younger players and DeSean Jackson type guys (boom or bust) late.

I also noticed that Yahoo has Best Ball this year for the first time.

I just did my first two best ball drafts on FFPC. I would say some obvious strategies are handcuffing your RBs/drafting backups for all positions except kicker. In one league I drafted all three Colts TEs (Ebron, Doyle, Cox) and both Rams TEs (Everett and Higbee), so I probably should have a TE1 every week.

Also its probably the only format where its crucial to pay attention to bye weeks.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Swing for the fences late (or all over the board honestly). Don’t worry about season end rankings as much as taking a chance on a guy who could win you a week with a big game (guys who stretch the field like Tre’Quan Smith are an example of this).

Also, as already stated, it’s the only format where bye weeks matter. Drafting 2-3 TEs/QBs with the same bye week will give you a score of 0 that week which could actually end up costing you dearly in the long run.

There’s no harm going safe early in the draft to build up a baseline, but it really is about drafting guys who can explode any given week.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Great league to take boom or bust guys.

A WR like Hill is much more valuable in BB due to that, also lower tear WR's like D Jackson & R Anderson.

Also, make sure you get 2 solid QB's. Don't be afraid to take a QB earlier than you would in PPR/Standard.

I've personally been grabbing 2 of Rodgers/Watson/Wentz/Ryan/Mayfield

I've been very successful in BB, much better than other leagues :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad