Best Available CHL Overage Free Agents

VanNistelrooy

Jun 15, 2005
Habs Land
...except Dane Fox isn't available as he's already signed.
i wonder why you put him on your list, fully aware of that fact

Last edited:

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008
Carter Sandlak is also signed by Carolina. Did you even try, dude?

Edit: And that kids, is why you read before jumping to conclusions. Sorry OP!

Last edited:

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Don't worry, Tampa will sign them soon enough :sarcasm:

As a tampa fan I really hope we go for Zach Bell. Since Gudas graduates this season we really lack a bone crushing prospect. He would be a perfect signing.
Anyways I wouldn't mind seeing any off the guys sign with us.

Lucky7

Dec 26, 2008
...except Dane Fox isn't available as he's already signed.
i wonder why you put him on your list, fully aware of that fact

Carter Sandlak is also signed by Carolina. Did you even try, dude?

Woah guys, that's not just a top 10, under the name, you have some words. You can read it too. It said that they are already sign. Did you even try too ? I don't think so.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Around this time of the year, it's always good to take a look at the top overage players available to be signed from around the CHL.

Here's my list from the OHL
http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2014/01/sunday-top-10-overagers-worth-signing.html

But it would definitely be nice to hear about some of the top guys available from the WHL and QMJHL.
Some 1993's to consider:
  1. Spokane RW Mitch Holmberg -- leading WHL scorer with 43+42
  2. Everett LW Joshua Winquist -- third in WHL scoring with 30+37
  3. Rouyn-Noranda RW Marcus Power -- t-3rd in QMJHL scoring with 21+49; leads in assists
  4. Spokane LC Mike Aviani -- t-2nd with 30 WHL goals
  5. Val-d'Or RD Randy Gazzola -- 2nd in QMJHL D scoring with 12+44
  6. Val-d'Or LC Samuel Henley -- 18+23 in 34 GP; injured shoulder, should be returning soon
  7. Drummondville RC Frederick Gaudreau -- t-10th in QMJHL scoring with 27+33
  8. Guelph RW Zack Mitchell -- 20+31
  9. Saginaw LC Kristoff Kontos -- t-8th with 40 OHL assists
  10. Victoriaville RW Jean-Francois Plante -- third with 40 QMJHL goals
  11. Rimouski LC Sebastien Sylvestre -- 24+30
  12. SSM RW Andrew Fritsch -- 20+27

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Woah guys, that's not just a top 10, under the name, you have some words. You can read it too. It said that they are already sign. Did you even try too ? I don't think so.

This.

As mentioned in the article, Fox, Sandlak, and Gaudet are all included despite having signed NHL deals because the list is meant to reflect the entire season.

It also mentions them having signed in the article, under the write ups for the players. ;)

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Some 1993's to consider:
  1. Spokane RW Mitch Holmberg -- leading WHL scorer with 43+42
  2. Everett LW Joshua Winquist -- third in WHL scoring with 30+37
  3. Rouyn-Noranda RW Marcus Power -- t-3rd in QMJHL scoring with 21+49; leads in assists
  4. Spokane LC Mike Aviani -- t-2nd with 30 WHL goals
  5. Val-d'Or RD Randy Gazzola -- 2nd in QMJHL D scoring with 12+44
  6. Val-d'Or LC Samuel Henley -- 18+23 in 34 GP; injured shoulder, should be returning soon
  7. Drummondville RC Frederick Gaudreau -- t-10th in QMJHL scoring with 27+33
  8. Guelph RW Zack Mitchell -- 20+31
  9. Saginaw LC Kristoff Kontos -- t-8th with 40 OHL assists
  10. Victoriaville RW Jean-Francois Plante -- third with 40 QMJHL goals
  11. Rimouski LC Sebastien Sylvestre -- 24+30
  12. SSM RW Andrew Fritsch -- 20+27

Good list.

Off of this list I think Mike Aviani will end up having a career in the NHL, undersized but skilled he plays a super pest role very well, he plays a very similar game to Brad Marchand.

He will get a shot for sure.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
Colin Sullentrop is one of my best friends cousin. Would like to see him make the NHL but it doesn't appear likely

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
Fristch is unlikely to get signed because of some legal trouble in the Soo from last year. He hasn't played well enough to overcome an off-ice issue of that magnitude in preventing him from signing

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Not sure if Cody Corbett is still draft eligible or not but he's putting up quite a good season with the Oil Kings. Wouldn't surprise me if he gets signed.

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
I very like Jimmy Oligny and Frederick Gaudreau from the Q.

Oligny is big, very strong and very mobile. Great skater, very sound defensively and physical. hits hard, can fight. Log big minutes for Rimouski, plays in every situation. Solid shot from the point, more of a shutdown defenseman at the next level, but may play on a 2nd power play unit or something like that.

Gaudreau is a solid all-around center. Decent size, plays a very good two-way game, very solid leader with a great work-ethic.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Not sure if Cody Corbett is still draft eligible or not but he's putting up quite a good season with the Oil Kings. Wouldn't surprise me if he gets signed.
Yeah, Edmonton LD Cody Corbett is a 1993 and should have been around eight on my list. Prince George LW Todd Fiddler too. Corbett's t-5th in WHL D scoring with 15+27, while Fiddler's t-9th in WHL scoring with 28+34 (26+26 in 31 GP with PG).

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

Would love the isle to end up with him. I don't see it but I think he will be a solid player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad