Best and worst current jersey

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
Best: Oilers retro blue, Flames retro red, Blackhawks (red and white)
Worst: Oilers current white/orange, flames regulars, Ducks
Guilty: Bruins winter classic with the giant B

MacOfNiagara

Feb 8, 2006
Ithaca
I swore up and down it was clearly a troll job / joke.
You must not have seen these before.

090413_sabresjersey.jpg

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
Best: VAN alternate, COL alternate, Vegas home, STL home, NJD home
Worst: Anything with laces
Guilty pleasure: any vintage (Whalers, Rockies)

Fire Stan Bowman

May 28, 2019
Best: Blues, Kings, Wild, Devils

Worst: Blackhawks. Sorry, always thought it was ugly. Just because it's an O6 doesn't mean anything to me. Very ugly.

Guilty Pleasure: Avalanche thirds (the new one with the triangle / Colorado flag C). Their regular jerseys / colors are up their with being as awful as the Blackhawks.
Brutal!

Reactions: qqaz

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Kings current ones are among my least favorite. Nashville's yellow is hard to look at, especially when topped off with the hideous yellow helmet. Calgary's would go from near the bottom to near the top if they'd just change the C back to white. Sabres will once again be among my favorites when they get the right blue, the Navy blue sucks.
I've always thought Chicago's & Detroit's jerseys were among the best.
Guilty pleasure would be the Habs white jersey.

Prsut18

Jul 30, 2018
CZ
best: Pittsburgh, Calgary 3rd
worst: Ottawa, Calgary home/away
guilty pleasure: Dallas

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Don't really love any of them. Hate that Sharks teal color. Hurts my eyes it's so dreadful.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Best: Blackhawks red.
shopping

It's iconic. It's simple. The black and white bars look great. The logo is perfect. (2nd place is the Leafs blue ones for similar reasons).

Worst: Lightning
shopping

The best thing you could say is that it's a rip-off of the good looking Leafs jersey. But to be honest the thing looks like a practice sweater. Overly simple, to the point of being boring. And the logo looks like it was made in msPaint. (2nd place is the Preds for similar reasons)

Guilty Pleasure: Arizona
shopping

Hard to explain why, but this looks great. Sinple, again. And a great logo. Plus the burgundy color scheme looks fantastic. (2nd place goes to Columbus for the stripes down the arm)

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Ill do two rankings. One for overall sets, and one for singular jerseys.

Best Set: Gotta be Chicago
Worst Set: Ottawa edges out Anaheim for me. Just so plain and uninspiring. Ducks 3rd saves them.

Best singular jersey: tied between CGY 3rd and STL 3rd

Worst singular jersey: Ducks white

Guilty Pleasure: Stars green. Not the biggest fan of the logo, but that green looks real sharp on the ice. Excited to have more green in the league with Seattle coming in.

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
Ummmmm the best is the Hawks red home jersey AINEC.

Whoever it was that called it ugly should be ashamed.

The lack of recognition it’s getting so far in these comments is embarrassing.

The red is nice, but the logo is really over-rated. I'm not into the entire PC thing, nor am I protesting it, but that aside, I still think it's in poor taste.

In general though, simple logos are better - easier to make out from a distance, not too involved, etc.
Compare something clean like NJ with something more complicated like Columbus

NJ's logo looks too much like a baseball logo, and I wouldn't say Columbus' logo is complicated with just a star and a flag, especially compared to some others.

I think with color, and high-definition TVs and screens in the arena, technology has largely usurped the idea that overly simplified logos are better, and people in the upper bowel in arenas are likely just looking at the color contrast of the jerseys rather than the actual logos, anyway.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
It would be cool if someone (not me) were to make a poll on this topic. Although I think everyone would just homer vote their own teams, and we would have the original 6 teams being voted in first because of the size of their fanbases.

kungfugazi

Sorgoi Foderev
Nov 11, 2018
QC
G-1.jpg

Guilty pleasure for me would be the 90s flames jerseys. Back then I thought the striping pattern on the arms were the dopest thing ever. In retrospect they look a little bit over the top and silly, but I do appreciate a little bit of silly when it comes to sports and design in general. Sports can take things too seriously sometimes.

Reactions: Calgarybrutalist

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
There are lots of 'best' jerseys. Most of the league looks as close to perfect as you can get.

Basically Perfect: Boston, Chicago, Colorado, Dallas, Detroit, Florida, Minnesota, Montreal, Nashville, Islanders, Rangers, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Toronto,

Good but needs subtle improvements: Buffalo, Carolina, Columbus, Edmonton, New Jersey, San Jose, Vegas, Winnipeg

In need of a full scale overhaul: Anaheim, Phoenix, Calgary, Los Angeles, Ottawa, Tampa Bay, Vancouver, Washington

Calgarybrutalist

Apr 2, 2014
Best: Edmonton
HM: Chicago, Montreal, Rangers, St. Louis, Dallas, Arizona retro/3rd

Worst: Anaheim
HM: Ottawa, Nashville

Guilty Pleasure: Winnipeg 3rd

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Best; any Montreal or Toronto sweater. DET is good, too. STL is OK.

Worst; Jets, Canucks

i1

Nov 10, 2011
Newfoundland
Best (no particular order):

Toronto away - classic and simple
Rangers away - classic and simple
Chicago home - classic and simple
Philadelphia home - very eye-catching, made an unconventional colour their own. Cool in a 70s/WHA kinda way
Capitals - love all three of their jerseys equally

Worst:

Buffalo home - such a dark and dingy shade of blue, seems to reflect the mood of the team at times :laugh:
Edmonton home - awkward piping, dominant orange looks weird
Canes black - blocky and dark
Minnesota home: blah and forgettable, like the team itself
Any nicknames in bold type (BOLTS, SENS, etc)
Jets third - just why?

Honourable Mention: Edmonton away
Dishonourable Mention: Vancouver; could be a top 10 jersey if it wasn't for 'V A N C O U V E R'

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
I've always liked the Wings, Leafs and Hawks.
There are quite a few i think could use a makeover.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->