Best and Worst Bruins Draft Picks 1-30; 1963-2019

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Zach Hamill wasn't THE WORST 8th OA?!

I remember watching this over and over again when the B's drafted him-

It was the first time I had ever seen that move. I thought the guy was going to be unreal in the NHL based on this highlight alone :laugh:

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Thank you for posting this. I enjoyed it!

It seems that the Bruins drafted as many guys who enjoyed success with other teams as they did players who starred for the Bruins.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Disagree with Seguin assessment. He has seemed to mature since leaving Boston.

Great contract we traded away the kid got the full character assassination around here and all the hearsay is taken as gospel but reality is we were in a cap crunch after 2 finals runs in 3 seasons and thought his upcoming raise was too much. Thinking Kessel wasn't worth 5 mil per worked out amazingly 4 years prior and the organization could not have been more full of themselves than they were in summer 2013 that first episode of Behind the B is the type of thing you will never see again I'm shocked they aired that.

Jagr snakebit Seguin awful some crap like Dogavins in the lineup and a bunch of D injuries amazing we were able to absolutely humiliate NYR and Pitt.

My guess is Seguin remains the same player in 13/14 good offense but a little soft and then grows up the following year. Our organization might have been too full of themselves to play him at center though its a disgrace he never played there since his D was always OK he skated back well but we are very stubborn on certain things (see Marchand and Bergeron never taking an even strength shift on a different line for a freaking decade) good chance hes stuck at wing for the entire contract.

Reactions: Lo97

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
upload_2019-8-15_7-16-8.jpeg

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Oh dear god I'd forgotten about Caron :ha:

Strikes me how so many of our top "great" picks ended up being great players for other teams.

Our scouting in the lower rounds, especially this decade has been phenomenal.

Serge

Mar 13, 2006
Massachusetts
This is a very good read by Kirk Luedeke.

Best and worst Bruins' draft picks from each position

Enjoy

Best and Worst Bruins Draft Picks 1-30; 1963-2019

Well, that was a gift. Perfect for the sloppy days of summer. Kirk brings up 2 Hawks Heartbtreaks in this article. Ivan Boldirev killed us in the 1st round of the playoffs in 1975. Scored the overtime goal in the deciding game. He always played huge against us.

And Al Secord. Come on, Harry. How did he not retire a Bruin? That was a needless trade. OConnell was a decent player but not worth a Secord on any planet. And of course OC entered the Bruins organization, became GM, and traded Joe Thornton for a bag of hockey cards and an air hockey table.

Yikes

aguineapig

I called into WBZ Calling All Sports with Guy Maniella at the helm, lashing out at how Harry couldn't come to terms with that years first rounder, the immortal Don Larway who signed with WHA Houston. " Yeah, Guy how come el cheapo Harry couldn't sign this Larway kid, blah blah yadda yadda Harry's a @#$%!! and to this day I don't think Guy knew who the hell I was even talking about!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->