Best American Center Right Now

Who is the best American center right now?

• Total voters

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Thank you for finally proving the anti-leafs bias agenda. That is why the poll is this way and why this discussion even started.
What are you talking about. Nothing I have said is biased unlike your posts. The sabres may very well be worse with Matthews rather than Eichel. It’s very close

Reactions: Luckylarry

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
LOL. Screaming? That's in your head. I think it should be totally close. But with Matthews ahead, is all.

HF has predictably put the wrong guy slightly ahead. I question what's behind some of the votes, is all. :)
I question the reason for some of the votes as well

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Actually that just proves how bad Mike Babcock was for not giving Matthews more minutes and Sheldon Keefe was smart enough to finally do that. It's no coincidence that Matthews total ice time this season was 20:58 because here is that number in his first three years.

2016-17 Season: 17:38
2017-18 Season: 18:08
2018-19 Season: 18:33
And I have shown many times that since Keefe took over and his minutes increased his ppg actually went slightly down.
This year in 23 games with Babcock,
19:49 mpg 1.16ppg .6gpg .56 apg
With Keefe in 47 games
21:32 mpg 1.12ppg .7gpg .42apg

Matthews goal scoring got better under Keefe but assists went down by more than goals improved. All with an increase in ice time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Luckylarry

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
You are doing just as much chest pumping for Eichel and trying to downplay every positive stat for Matthews.
Show me one post where I bashed Matthews stats such as goal scoring etc. I just don’t think it’s the only thing to judge them on so you continue to try to belittle every point I try to make

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
What are you talking about. Nothing I have said is biased unlike your posts. The sabres may very well be worse with Matthews rather than Eichel. It’s very close
Since the Sabres already finished last place overall with Eichel during the 2017-18 season, how much worse could they be if they had Matthews?

Reactions: NinjaKick

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Since the Sabres already finished last place overall with Eichel during the 2017-18 season, how much worse could they be if they had Matthews?
First off, I was never talking exclusively about that season, secondly, they got more than zero points so there’s always worse.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
First off, I was never talking exclusively about that season, secondly, the got more than zero points so there’s always worse.
What does it matter how many points they had? If a team finished in last place overall it can't get any worse and the fact is that's happened with the Sabres during Eichel's career with them.

The 2015-16 Maple Leafs who finished in last place overall with 69 points actually had 1 more point then their 2014-15 team who finished 27th overall with 68 points. However I don't go around saying that made them better despite finishing with 1 more point in last place overall.

You need to stop moving the goal posts trying to find an excuse why the Sabres finished last place overall with Eichel because it's a pathetic attempt.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
What does it matter how many points they had? If a team finished in last place overall it can't get any worse and the fact is that's happened with the Sabres during Eichel's career with them.

The 2015-16 Maple Leafs who finished in last place overall with 69 points actually had 1 more point then their 2014-15 team who finished 27th overall with 68 points. However I don't go around saying that made them better despite finishing with 1 more point in last place overall.

You need to stop moving the goal posts trying to find an excuse why the Sabres finished last place overall with Eichel because it's a pathetic attempt.
I’m not moving anything. You’re the one comparing points from different seasons. The year the sabres were in last place and drafted Dahlin, if they would have lost 5 more games than they did would that be worse or better?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I’m not moving anything. You’re the one comparing points from different seasons. The year the sabres were in last place and drafted Dahlin, if they would have lost 5 more games than they did would that be worse or better?
You still said the Sabres could be worse than Matthews, even though they can not get any worse than finishing in last place which they have done with Jack Eichel in the 2017-18 season. So it doesn't matter what year it happened.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
You still said the Sabres could be worse than Matthews, even though they can not get any worse than finishing in last place which they have done with Jack Eichel in the 2017-18 season. So it doesn't matter what year it happened.
Yes I did, now tell me exactly where I specified that season?

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Here is one of your replies from last night where you dismissed them finishing last place overall in the 2017-18 season, where you try to ignore that it happened during Eichel's career in Buffalo.
I’m not ignoring anything. I said that if Matthews was on the Sabres instead of Eichel it’s possible they would have had higher draft picks. There are 4 years that could have been. You are singling out one of the four that it couldn’t have happened and trying to make it sound like I specifically said that one year only. Enough.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I’m not ignoring anything. I said that if Matthews was on the Sabres instead of Eichel it’s possible they would have had higher draft picks. There are 4 years that could have been. You are singling out one of the four that it couldn’t have happened and trying to make it sound like I specifically said that one year only. Enough.
You can't get higher draft picks than selecting 1st overall and it's something the Sabres have done since they drafted Eichel. I don't care about them possibly getting less points in the standings with Matthews, because nothing you say with your twisting of the facts will change my mind.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
You can't get higher draft picks than selecting 1st overall and it's something the Sabres have done since they drafted Eichel. I don't care about them possibly getting less points in the standings with Matthews, because nothing you say with your twisting of the facts will change my mind.
Could they have drafted higher in 2017? 2019? Yes, I’m not sure why you are trying to say that I only meant the one year. Actually I think I do know why you’re so focused on that. And everyone is more than aware that nothing will change your mind. Don’t worry about that.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Could they have drafted higher in 2017? 2019? Yes, I’m not sure why you are trying to say that I only meant the one year. Actually I think I do know why you’re so focused on that. And everyone is more than aware that nothing will change your mind. Don’t worry about that.
I'm talking about that one year since it actually happened when we saw them draft 1st overall. So what if they selected 8th in 2016, 9th in 2017, 7th in 2019 and right now are supposed to pick 8th in 2020. Since we saw them select 1st overall in 2018 you can not get any higher than that, because it all happened when Jack Eichel has been their captain and best player.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
I'm talking about that one year since it actually happened when we saw them draft 1st overall. So what if they selected 8th in 2016, 9th in 2017, 7th in 2019 and right now are supposed to pick 8th in 2020. Since we saw them select 1st overall in 2018 you can not get any higher than that, because it all happened when Jack Eichel has been their captain and best player.
Yup. They could not have drafted any higher that one single year that I did not mention.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Yup. They could not have drafted any higher that one single year that I did not mention.
This was your comment last night saying how Buffalo would get higher draft picks with Matthews. You never said anything about specific years and are only doing that now because I caught you trying to change your opinion, since you know I'm right.

No, they would get even higher draft picks though

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
This was your comment last night saying how Buffalo would get higher draft picks with Matthews. You never said anything about specific years and are only doing that now because I caught you trying to change your opinion, since you know I'm right.
You are right. I never said anything about specific years like the one you are mentioning continually.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I think this thread has run its course and maybe move on to #2?

This is a re-enactment of what this thread has devolved into:
Gc3Fuhs.gif

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Because you are trying to back track that original comment since I proved the Sabres couldn't pick any higher in the draft.
Buddy. I said they could have had higher draft picks with Matthews instead of Eichel. That is true in 3 of the 4 years and you are focusing on the one year and somehow thinking that makes you right. Stop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad