Best All time Hockey Names

Beast Mowed

Apr 18, 2015
Erie, Pa
My all-time favourite individual name is still Quade Lightbody.

My favourite group of names has to be:

Corey Pecker
Ryan Held
Trevor Daley
Brad Boyes

So, whenever they were on the ice together, you had Boyes Held (someone's) Pecker Daley.

That post right there should have killed the thread!

Still have my Pecker Power shirt & bring it with me everytime I think Corey is going to be in the building. (yep, it still fits!) Will never forget showing up at the Memorial Cup in Guelph during warm ups with the shirt on. You should have seen the look on Corey's face, priceless!

:laugh:

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
My all-time favourite individual name is still Quade Lightbody.

My favourite group of names has to be:

Corey Pecker
Ryan Held
Trevor Daley
Brad Boyes

So, whenever they were on the ice together, you had Boyes Held (someone's) Pecker Daley.

Classic.

And all from the same time period.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
As I recall, he tragically died saving his son who fell off a tractor, combine or some other farm equipment.

From wiki....
He was killed in a vehicular accident on July 11, 2000. Tabobondung's son Tommy fell from a road grader that they were riding in, and Tabobondung was caught under the machinery in the process of saving his son's life.

Last edited:

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Morris Titanic ex-Sudbury Wolve,61G+121pts in one year.
Larry"Izzy"Goodenough

Last edited:

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Murray Wing played for the Red Wings and was a point-a-game player. Ok Ok, he played one NHL game and had one point.

ZinErie

Nov 12, 2013
Erie had defensemen named Holden and Cook. Always fun to listen to the broadcast when the Otters played Owen Sound and Holden Cook.:laugh:

core33

Feb 22, 2015
Always liked Whynot from the 67's.

And Tabobondung played for Oshawa.

icepups

Jul 11, 2014
Erie had defensemen named Holden and Cook. Always fun to listen to the broadcast when the Otters played Owen Sound and Holden Cook.:laugh:

I feel the same about current IceDogs Knott and Dunn. Need to quickly find a kid named Yet

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
Remember when Smirnov and Pear Juice played on the same team. Always was surprised they didn't have better on ice chemistry.

Merlin "the magician" Malinowski and Zarley Zalapski played on the last Canadian Olympic team before they started taking nhl'ers.

HowDoIHockey

Supreme Mugwump
Jul 12, 2015
Victoria
Tommy Wingels sounds like an adorable cartoon character.
David Schlemko is fun to say when you exaggerate mouth/saliva noises.

Also, Don Cherry's mispronunciation of Luongo always makes me laugh.

AK87

Hall of Famer
Nov 8, 2012
Do as you wanna
There was/is a guy in the Frontenacs system and his last name is Emelifeonwu still to this day I have no idea on how to pronounce it properly.

But my fav current NHL name is BOONE JENNER

Spits1963

Dec 17, 2014
I know a little off topic,,,
But the best sports name ever was a nascar driver from Wisconsin,,,
His name,,,
Dick Trickle

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
And speaking of....how about Harry Dick....played 12 games with the Chicago Blackhawks...you can look it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad