• Rory Gallagher - Tattoo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Todd Rundgren - A Wizard, A True Star

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
This is our fifth such poll, and this is the first time anyone has had a problem with the wording. Just have fun with the exercise or don't, man. There's no need to be pedantic.

I pluralized it to albums in order to emphasize that there isn't just one. It's an activity that's intended to find consensus.

Find the consensus of what? The best album, or the most liked?

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Find the consensus of what? The best album, or the most liked?
maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: NyQuil and SonicY

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
I'm going to hold off posting the 1988 thread for a few days. There are a bunch of music threads on the front page of what is not a music-exclusive forum, and I want to give you guys - and those threads - time to breathe.

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
I'm going to hold off posting the 1988 thread for a few days. There are a bunch of music threads on the front page of what is not a music-exclusive forum, and I want to give you guys - and those threads - time to breathe.

Please keep these polls coming (at whatever pace you think is best). I like the fact that you're not going chronologically, it forces me to think about the specific years in more detail (rather than just doing a generic overreview of an entire era).

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues

I wish the other dude would take a break.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
People who voted for Raw Power are welcome for drinks at my place anytime.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
I wouldn't expect the number of copies sold to always align with HFBoards preferences, though, the same way I'd be shocked if Nickelback ranked highly despite their financial success. I've always viewed Linkin Park as strictly a pre-teen/teenager thing most people grew out of pretty quickly and found silly/easily ridiculed with the benefit of hindsight. Dark Side of the Moon has never had such a stigma.

Apparently that's not the case for a lot of people here though.
I think a big difference is that Linkin Park's biggest album was marketed to teenagers while Nickelback's biggest was marketed to women in their 30s. For many folks here, this is the music of their youth-I didn't really listen to them, but I have similar nostalgic feelings for the Offspring, who were my first favorite band. I also don't recall too much of a critical backlash against Linkin Park either, other than some soft criticism of rap-rock in general. And while Linkin Park does has some of that unbearable overproduction-to-the-extreme that plagued most major label rock bands in the 2000s, I (mostly retroactively) find their singles to be mostly enjoyable and unique compared to what else was on the radio at the time.

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
Wasting my time with this, as I'm arriving to all this late, but here I would've voted for: McCartney & Wings - Band on the Run

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad