Best active players drafted 4th round and lower

Cruz

May 17, 2013
Sweden
I don't know if this is some kind of bias. But isn't swedes overrepresented as late round gems? How come?

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I don't know if this is some kind of bias. But isn't swedes overrepresented as late round gems? How come?
Because there's not a lot of resources for Sweden available to the largely North American based scoring departments.
Some teams have 1 maybe even 2 scouts for all of Sweden/Finland etc.
So they don't get the number of viewings a typical NA prospect would unless they're lighting their respective league up. So a lot of good players with 1 or 2 bad games get pushed into the if there's nobody else we like pile

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
Pionk, Helle.

Even Appleton isn't a bad pick for this. Kind of came out of no where after having injury problems.
11 points in 21 games and has hit a new gear this year.

swissdude

May 18, 2019
Benn - Pavelski - Stone
Palat - X - Gaudreau
Lee - X - Kubalik
Hyman - X - Kaprizov

Slavin - Krug
Giordano - Brodie
Muzzin - X

Lundquist
Rinne
Andersen

EDIT: Edited to include other listed players. At what point does this team become a contender?
it may be a little premature this season but i expect that sooner or later philip kurashev will be in the mix as well

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Kevin Labanc was a 6th round pick. Same with John Leonard, which is a name I think a few folks will be familiar with by season's end.

Reactions: NK94

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Oilers drafted Ethan Bear, Caleb Jones, and John Marino in the 4th, 5th, and 6th rounds of the 2015 draft. Bear and Jones are currently on the Oilers roster while Marino is a regular on the Pens.

2015 was a great draft for us, and would have been historic if Chia didn't trade away the #16 and #33 for Reinhart.

Reactions: RattsSSV and banks

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yeah, when the only response to Matt Roy is "who?" he's criminally overlooked and underrated.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Yeah, when the only response to Matt Roy is "who?" he's criminally overlooked and underrated.

I don't know who he is either but all the good comments about him make me want to check a LA game.

I'm not even following my own team that closely right now, and especially how this year's calendar is set up I don't get the chance to see many teams from other divisions.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008

Toronto has had some pretty marvellous later round success in that neck of the woods:

643Topi NiemelaDKarpat [SM-liiga]
1686Veeti MiettinenREspoo Jrs. (Finland)
1887Pierre EngvallLFrolunda (Sweden Jrs.)
2027Andreas JohnssonLFrolunda Jrs. (Sweden)
1947Carl GunnarssonDLinkopings HC [SEL]
1616Viktor StalbergLFrolunda Jrs (Sweden)
1806Leo KomarovRAssat Pori [SM-liiga]
2167Anton StralmanDSkovde IK [Swe-1]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
Andrew Mangiapane. He's really morphing into a swiss army knife type player, it's been exciting to watch. Passed over completely in his first year of eligibility then taken in the 6th round.

Reactions: NyQuil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad