Best 2018-2019 season? (prospect ranking)

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
In a fantasy league, I have a plethora of young forward prospects and have an opportunity to trade one (along with other stuff) for a top 4 defenceman for my team. We are limited in the number of prospects we can promote per year and since I have Jost, Lindblom, Sikura, D.Strome and Donato, I'm trying to see which one I can afford to trade.

To me, it's between Sikura and Donato, but I've seen far more projections with Sikura playing top 6 in Chicago this year than Donato in Boston. I think Donato has the higher long term upside, but if my timeframe is who's gonna score the most points in 2018-2019, would Donato be a guy you'd be willing to part with in my position? Jost is outside the options and I I feel like Lindblom and Strome have top 6 spots waiting for them.

Thanks for any help you can give me. With Bjork, Heinen, Donato and the others, it's kind of hard to have a good sense of the Bruins' lineup next year...

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
lindbloms probably the worst of all of them. Donato shouldn't be traded, he's your best player. Jost should be an option to trade as well.

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
Are you an opponent of his in the fantasy league?

Hahaha, it did go against all I had in mind… from what I've seen, Lindblom is the favourite for LW2 in Philly, and Sikura might well be top 6 in Chicago. Same for Jost in COL. Strome I understand is less of a lock, but I'm really not keen on giving up on him. That leaves Donato who I see on the outside looking in for a spot on the top 6 and even then, Heinen and Bjork will be battling him, too… Is my analysis wrong here?

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Is it points only? Shots? Extra for goals? Sikura is more of a playmaker whereas Donato shoots from everywhere. I think Donato will be in the top 6 next season as he fills a need being a shooter. Out of the bunch you have I’m just not a fan of Sikura. Also never been a fan of Strome but maybe I’m wrong on both.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Hahaha, it did go against all I had in mind… from what I've seen, Lindblom is the favourite for LW2 in Philly, and Sikura might well be top 6 in Chicago. Same for Jost in COL. Strome I understand is less of a lock, but I'm really not keen on giving up on him. That leaves Donato who I see on the outside looking in for a spot on the top 6 and even then, Heinen and Bjork will be battling him, too… Is my analysis wrong here?
No, I agree with you. Mostly. I think that both Donato and Sikura will settle into third line roles on their respective teams, so I’d say it’s up to who you think is the best at producing for your team between those two. I don’t know where I’d lean.

Reactions: yoteshot

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
In a fantasy league, I have a plethora of young forward prospects and have an opportunity to trade one (along with other stuff) for a top 4 defenceman for my team. We are limited in the number of prospects we can promote per year and since I have Jost, Lindblom, Sikura, D.Strome and Donato, I'm trying to see which one I can afford to trade.

To me, it's between Sikura and Donato, but I've seen far more projections with Sikura playing top 6 in Chicago this year than Donato in Boston. I think Donato has the higher long term upside, but if my timeframe is who's gonna score the most points in 2018-2019, would Donato be a guy you'd be willing to part with in my position? Jost is outside the options and I I feel like Lindblom and Strome have top 6 spots waiting for them.

Thanks for any help you can give me. With Bjork, Heinen, Donato and the others, it's kind of hard to have a good sense of the Bruins' lineup next year...

There's a pretty good chance Oskar Lindblom starts the 18-19 as the 2LW on a line with Nolan Patrick and Jake Voracek. That trio played together the final 20 games or so last season and were possesion beasts. Lindblom didn't get rewarded as often as he should have. Additionally, he should be on the 2nd PP unit. I expect at least 15 goals, 40 points from him in his sophomore season.

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
Is it points only? Shots? Extra for goals? Sikura is more of a playmaker whereas Donato shoots from everywhere. I think Donato will be in the top 6 next season as he fills a need being a shooter. Out of the bunch you have I’m just not a fan of Sikura. Also never been a fan of Strome but maybe I’m wrong on both.

Goals and assists really. Hence why I'm looking for opportunity above all. I could see Sikura playing top 6 with PP time. Donato, I heard, would likely be 3rd line + PP time.

Oh and I also have Chytil in the ranks, but I am not moving him, that's for sure ;)

It's a rich man's problem really, but I'm afraid of not trading the right guy. If Donato goes on to score 30 this year, I'll be mad at myself... although right now it's a move I have to make. Just need some input on the prospect I'll be trading.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Donato was near point per game during the season and lindblom had 6 points in 23 games. Jost is also not doing very hot in colorado, while sikura is showing up for the hawks. I bet the hawks have Sikura in their top 6 next season and I think strome could have a breakout season. I win my league almost every year. Are there any free agents available?

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
There's a pretty good chance Oskar Lindblom starts the 18-19 as the 2LW on a line with Nolan Patrick and Jake Voracek. That trio played together the final 20 games or so last season and were possesion beasts. Lindblom didn't get rewarded as often as he should have. Additionally, he should be on the 2nd PP unit. I expect at least 15 goals, 40 points from him in his sophomore season.
It's quite possible that Lindblom is a better, more versatile hockey player than Donato, and that he's the kind of guy that NHL GMs would value higher (not saying he is... just that it's possible).

But in a Fantasy Leage? I take Donato over him every single time without hesitation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad