Best 19 year olds in AHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Who are the best 19 year olds in the AHL this season. This is for players that are still able to play at the WJC this year.

Here is the only ones that I know of and Bergeron is by far the best.
Bergeron
Horton
Burns
Khomutov
Kastitsyn
Suter
Zakharov

Last edited:

leafaholix*

JasonMacIsaac said:
He has more points then Kastitsyn......you try comming up with more.
And Kostitsyn's barely getting any playing time... and he's on one of the worst offensive teams in the league.

As for others...

Ryan Suter
Konstantin Zakharov

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Leafaholix said:
And Kostitsyn's barely getting any playing time... and he's on one of the worst offensive teams in the league.

Wouldn't be one of the worse offensive teams if he actually produced more offense.

Ever thought about that?

leafaholix*

Vlad The Impaler said:
Wouldn't be one of the worse offensive teams if he actually produced more offense.

Ever thought about that?
I have, but it's the coach that's not giving him the minutes... probably doesn't deserve them, but he is 19 years old.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Freaky Habs Fan said:
Yeah but in the actual situation, Jarvis should give Kost more ice-time...The Bulldogs scored like 3 goals in the last 5 games!
Why should he just give Kastitsyn ice time. Just because he is a first round pick? That isn't fair to every other player that is competing for that ice time.

Sammy*

JasonMacIsaac said:
Why should he just give Kastitsyn ice time. Just because he is a first round pick? That isn't fair to every other player that is competing for that ice time.
I agree with you if it was in fact the NHL or if the guy is doggin it or not attempting to follow instructions. However, since its a developmental league I would suggest that sans those 2 reasons, I would think it a bad idea to severly limit his icetime unless one believes it would adversly affect his development (which may be in fact the case).

TeamPlayer

Jan 11, 2003
If we were going by the title and saying best 19 year olds in the AHL, arent Horton, Vanek, Suter and M.A. Fleury in a class of their own?

Bergeron????? I still think he's a glorified Stajan, which doesnt amount to that much. (coming from a leaf fan)

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Bergeron is awesome, what are you talking about? He had an awesome rookie year as an 18 year old, and he's raking it up in the AHL with 18 points in 14 games so far. I'd take him over Horton and Vanek at this point in time.

Prucha73

Leafaholix said:

As for others...

Ryan Suter
Konstantin Zakharov

Why is Kostitsyn getting little icetime?

CoupeStanley

Dec 1, 2003
Nicolet
coupestanley.com
Prucha73 said:
Why is Kostitsyn getting little icetime?

Because the guys is not ready. He is very raw. He has one of the best, if not the best, shot you could see from a 19 years old. Sick move, smooth skating. But as far as playing the game : using is linemate properly, position play. He is not ready. He's still looking to make it all by himself and float quite a bit.

He either gonna become a superstar, a dangerous powerplay sniper or nothing at all. My guess right now is on the powerplay sniper.

Though, at this point, it's hard to gauge because he is in an environnement he is not used to, in a style of play he is not used to, in a language he is not used to. He may make giant step when he start to catch something the coach say :teach:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad