Besides the poor play--what about poor announcing?

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
Surprising that the Rangers announcers are biased for the Rangers.... Gotta remember that they watch almost all the games like us and the are close to the team, they become fans too... I don't mind that they didn't like the calls either cause I was saying some of the same things at home

Jersey Girl

Sep 28, 2008
Surprising that the Rangers announcers are biased for the Rangers.... Gotta remember that they watch almost all the games like us and the are close to the team, they become fans too... I don't mind that they didn't like the calls either cause I was saying some of the same things at home

Yep, Sam and Joe are certainly expected to be biased toward the Rangers. Last night they went over the top, though...the incessant whining was bordering on unprofessionalism. They are usually above that.

Like I said, they veered into Jack Edwards territory, which is bad.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Yep, Sam and Joe are certainly expected to be biased toward the Rangers. Last night they went over the top, though...the incessant whining was bordering on unprofessionalism. They are usually above that.

Not even close to Jack Edwards.

Last night's calls were garbage.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY

I think even with last nights complaining they weren't in "Jack Edwards territory" plenty of other commentators are much worse.

If they are that bad a fun activity to do is put it on mute and do your own pbp and for example on penalties you can see if you catch the penalty... When I was 12 I'd try to call balls and strikes when watching baseball

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
I think even with last nights complaining they weren't in "Jack Edwards territory" plenty of other commentators are much worse.

If they are that bad a fun activity to do is put it on mute and do your own pbp and for example on penalties you can see if you catch the penalty... When I was 12 I'd try to call balls and strikes when watching baseball
This

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York

This

Jersey Girl

Sep 28, 2008

If you put the game on mute you cannot hear the whistles or anything else that is going on.

A fun activity for you might be to try to avoid being condescending for a change. You don't know more than anyone else.

*Bob Richards*

Jack Edwards is a madman and he's the second worst to the two clowns in Pittsburgh. Sam and Joe aren't even on the same planet as those guys.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
If you put the game on mute you cannot hear the whistles or anything else that is going on.

A fun activity for you might be to try to avoid being condescending for a change. You don't know more than anyone else.
KettleCallingPotBlack%255B1%255D.jpg

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY

For a change? I'm not being condescending it was an honest and truthful answer... I don't post enough on here to be classified as condescending or not

Jersey Girl

Sep 28, 2008
Jack Edwards is a madman and he's the second worst to the two clowns in Pittsburgh. Sam and Joe aren't even on the same planet as those guys.

Normally this is correct. Last night it wasn't. And I'm normally a huge Sam and Joe fan...you can look it up in this thread.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I think Sam is great, I didn't hear any mistakes last night.
In fact he waited and did not do an early "It's a power play goal" for JT Miller.

John Gionne would be a poor replacement. He does not have the masculinity voice.

When Sam retires, bring over Howie Rose.
I agree with this. Giannone has a horrible voice for broadcasting.

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
:laugh:

Sam Rosen. THE MAN. Give him a 15-year cap-circumventing retirement contract and let him call the game as long as he wants to. When the Rangers DO move on, I hope they give him a segment between periods called Rosen's Corner and let him prattle on in non-sensical malaprop heaven like the Mets do with Ralph Kiner. Bring him back into the booth now and then to tell timeless stories like how back in 1989 Leetch struggled due to holding his shaft too tight. LONG LIVE SAM ROSEN!
Great idea, never thought of it.
If Sam leaves, he should remain a part somehow of the broadcasts.

Please god, if he is to be replaced, don't let it be Gianonne. I'd rather take some one on a cancer kazoo. He's horrible.
Gianonne is bad, his voice is really made for hosting the today's show, it's too high pitched for hockey.

What are the odds that Howie would be called up to replace Sam?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad