Beside Crosby , who are the can't miss prospect in the 2005-2006 draft ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
La-La-Laprise said:
Yeah i think he meant that too, but Zajac was 2nd year eligible. He wasnt 86 born like most of the players.
If thats the case

Ladd
Wolski
Chipchura
Zajac
Dubnyk
Shantz
Barker
Fistric
Green
O'Neill
Picard
Rogers
Shantz
Stephenson
Bolland

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
La-La-Laprise said:
Why'd you list all those players?
He said that he didn't think anyone from this draft (2004 draft) was invited to camp.....those are the player who were invited from this year draft (2004 draft) :)

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
JasonMacIsaac said:
He said that he didn't think anyone from this draft (2004 draft) was invited to camp.....those are the player who were invited from this year draft (2004 draft) :)

Oh ok, thats what i figured, jsut wasnt sure

Yeah most of the team will be 85's from the 2003 draft and a few 2004's. And only 1 2005 (crosby). I cant see Brule making it. He will be invited though, in Decemeber.

Stiffler's Mom

Mar 2, 2004
Brule vs Bertram at CWG

I'm going to try to put into perspective why Bertram appeared to show better than Brule at the Canada Winter Games. Bertram was placed on 1st line with Chipchura and Rabbit. Did very well, I think 10 points. Bertram also played on a Team Alberta loaded with NHL prospects like Chipchura, Fistric, Dubnyk, etc. Team BC placed Brule (7 points) on 3rd line and used him as a penalty killer. Jorgensen and Schenderling were team BC's 1st and 2nd line centers and got most of the pp time in the first 3-4 games of the tournament. My point is Brule wasn't showcased the same way Bertram was in the Canada Winter Games. Team BC chose to showcase their 86's. I believe John Lammers was the highest player drafted on that team (86th overall)and some weren't even drafted at all(Jorgenson, Schenderling). Unfortunately Brule had a coach that wouldn't let him showcase his talents except in a defensive role. Too bad that coach didn't realize what he had. It explains why Brule wasn't able to display his offensive arsenal and why Bertram was looking so good. It's a matter of assigned roles, and Brule did his job and earned respect for his ability to take on a defensive role.

What's interesting is that 3 of the players cut from the tryouts for Team BC namely Chucko(drafted 24th), Funk(drafted 43rd) and Hogg(drafted 121st) were drafted higher than most of the players that made team BC, except Lammers(drafted 86th). The others that opted into the draft namely Barthel(88th), Lukacevic(110th), Gordichuk(177th), Card(241st), Keller(245), were drafted very late and the following weren't even drafted at all, Bowles, Jorgensen, Gagnon, Schenderling.

Last edited:

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Stiffler's Mom said:
I'm going to try to put into perspective why Bertram appeared to show better than Brule at the Canada Winter Games. Bertram was placed on 1st line with Chipchura and Rabbit. Did very well, I think 10 points. Bertram also played on a Team Alberta loaded with NHL prospects like Chipchura, Fistric, Dubnyk, etc. Team BC placed Brule (7 points) on 3rd line and used him as a penalty killer. Jorgensen and Schenderling were team BC's 1st and 2nd line centers and got most of the pp time in the first 3-4 games of the tournament. My point is Brule wasn't showcased the same way Bertram was in the Canada Winter Games. Team BC chose to showcase their 86's. I believe John Lammers was the highest player drafted on that team (86th overall)and some weren't even drafted at all(Jorgenson, Schenderling). Unfortunately Brule had a coach that wouldn't let him showcase his talents except in a defensive role. Too bad that coach didn't realize what he had. It explains why Brule wasn't able to display his offensive arsenal and why Bertram was looking so good. It's a matter of assigned roles, and Brule did his job and earned respect for his ability to take on a defensive role.

What's interesting is that 3 of the players cut from the tryouts for Team BC namely Chucko(drafted 24th), Funk(drafted 43rd) and Hogg(drafted 121st) were drafted higher than most of the players that made team BC, except Lammers(drafted 86th). The others that opted into the draft namely Barthel(88th), Lukacevic(110th), Gordichuk(177th), Card(241st), Keller(245), were drafted very late and the following weren't even drafted at all, Bowles, Jorgensen, Gagnon, Schenderling.

A) Brule was on the 1st line with Lammers and at the time (highly reguarded) Mike Card and Jonathan SIglat were his defensive team. Lammers was one of the best players at the tourny.

B) Bertram was on the 1st line as well on Alberta and Chipchura was bad at the CWG, never created anything on the ice and just worked the corners, I have the media notes here in front of me with lines so that is how I remember Brule was 1st line duty.

so both players were given their equal chances, as just because Lammers and Card were not 1st rounders this year last year they were considered some of the best talents for their age group and they showed it at the time.

This was not my only time seeing either play live as well, I seen Brule many more times at the U17s in NFLD and seen Bertram play for Camrose Kodiaks and thge whole few min at the U17s and all the other times he impressed me more so than Brule.

Stiffler's Mom

Mar 2, 2004
Wrong Again

Brule played with Garrett Festerling and Either Aaron Gagnon or Justin Keller on the wing. The only time Brule played with Lammers was in the Semi's and bronze medal game vs. Ontario. Lammers played with either of Schenderling or Jorgenson at center for most of the tournament. Team BC decided in the last 2 games to play Lammers, Brule, and Jorgensen together, with Brule at centre. That became the number one line then. Lammers was benched in the bronze game for some reason. So he didn't actually play much. Your notes about Brule on the first line is a joke. He played almost the entire tournament on the third line as above. His power play time was very limited and his special teams duties were on the penalty kill. Lammers was not one of the best players in the tournament. He racked up a lot of points in the one game where BC blew someone out. He chiselled several points from his linemates in that game. What a joke. One of the most selfish players I have ever seen.

db23

Dan Bertram came up through the ABMHL and the AMHL a year behind Kyle Chipchura. He is slightly less than a year younger. Chipchura had much better offensive numbers along the way, not to mention that he was a lot bigger than Bertram, more physical and better defensively at each stage. Considering that Kyle was drafted 18th overall in what was supposed to be an off year, Bertram probably deserves to be a third round pick by comparison. Check it out, Chipchura has outscored Bertram at each level, and Kyle is projected as a defensive centre in the pros.

db23

There are a raft of scouts at the L.A. Kings development camp watching Sidney Crosby and Jack Johnson and the buzz is that they could go 1-2 in 2005. I wouldn't be surprised.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Stiffler's Mom said:
Brule played with Garrett Festerling and Either Aaron Gagnon or Justin Keller on the wing. The only time Brule played with Lammers was in the Semi's and bronze medal game vs. Ontario. Lammers played with either of Schenderling or Jorgenson at center for most of the tournament. Team BC decided in the last 2 games to play Lammers, Brule, and Jorgensen together, with Brule at centre. That became the number one line then. Lammers was benched in the bronze game for some reason. So he didn't actually play much. Your notes about Brule on the first line is a joke. He played almost the entire tournament on the third line as above. His power play time was very limited and his special teams duties were on the penalty kill. Lammers was not one of the best players in the tournament. He racked up a lot of points in the one game where BC blew someone out. He chiselled several points from his linemates in that game. What a joke. One of the most selfish players I have ever seen.

I don't think so, Lammers created alot of offensive by himself, he generated a huge spark on the ice, I was at most of the BC games and Brule had a ton of ice time, he never played on the 3rd line much, he was mostly 2nd to 1st line duty. I would like to see how Lammers was not one of the better players in the tourny, Crosby, McGrath, Rabbit, Wolski, Aubin, O. Latendresseand, Dan Bertram, and Lammers IMO were the best forwards there. Lammers showd great stickhandling good passing and a great scoring touch on the ice...he was everywhere.

As for the Brule thing, the 1st game he did play on the 3rd line but through out the game Brule was moved up to the scoring lines and stayed there for the rest of the tourny, where he played very very good as well but hey everyone has their favs and I think Bertram is going to be a better player than Brule, and you seem to like Brule more. But I know the line combos at the Canada Winter Games (I would not have know them off the top of my head anymore but I have the media notes for the media rooms there that were done up by the team officals and passed in the next game and those were the line combos on them.

db23

moosefan said:
I don't think so, Lammers created alot of offensive by himself, he generated a huge spark on the ice, I was at most of the BC games and Brule had a ton of ice time, he never played on the 3rd line much, he was mostly 2nd to 1st line duty. I would like to see how Lammers was not one of the better players in the tourny, Crosby, McGrath, Rabbit, Wolski, Aubin, O. Latendresseand, Dan Bertram, and Lammers IMO were the best forwards there. Lammers showd great stickhandling good passing and a great scoring touch on the ice...he was everywhere.

As for the Brule thing, the 1st game he did play on the 3rd line but through out the game Brule was moved up to the scoring lines and stayed there for the rest of the tourny, where he played very very good as well but hey everyone has their favs and I think Bertram is going to be a better player than Brule, and you seem to like Brule more. But I know the line combos at the Canada Winter Games (I would not have know them off the top of my head anymore but I have the media notes for the media rooms there that were done up by the team officals and passed in the next game and those were the line combos on them.

Bertram is really overrated. He won't go in the first round. He doesn't have enough skill to offset his lack of size. Similar to Patrick Eaves, but I think that Eaves is better.

Stiffler's Mom

Mar 2, 2004
Bertram's stock has actually fallen. He will need to prove himself at the U18 in Slovakia, assuming he makes the team. Personally, I hope he lights it up and proves he deserves to mentioned in the same breath at "Crosby" "Brule" "Cogliano" etc.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
db23 said:
Bertram is really overrated. He won't go in the first round. He doesn't have enough skill to offset his lack of size. Similar to Patrick Eaves, but I think that Eaves is better.

I don't think so...IMO he is super underrated on this board, I have seen him play for two years, and I am still sticking with the I think he is better than Brule quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad