Bertuzzi will be able to play for Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stockwizard*

Naslund was in an extremely vulnerable position when Moore tried to take him out. It may have been a legal hit, but it was very dirty. Naslund is the star player, so retribution must take place. Alot of sucks can't understand this.
The mistake the Canucks made is they should have gotten retribution the same game.
The Bertuzzi incident is way overblown. Things like this happen a lot in contact sports. There is nothing criminal about it. I remember when it first happened some people were saying he should be kicked out of hockey for good.

If Bertuzzi is reinstated, Wayne Gretzky should sit down with Bertuzzi and make sure he wants to play and is prepared physically and is also in the right frame of mind. If everything checks out, he should be on the team.
There won't be any bad press, people will forgive quickly and he will have the full support of his teamates.
He has served his punishment and it is time to move on.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
stockwizard said:
Naslund was in an extremely vulnerable position when Moore tried to take him out. It may have been a legal hit, but it was very dirty. Naslund is the star player, so retribution must take place. Alot of sucks can't understand this.
The mistake the Canucks made is they should have gotten retribution the same game.
The Bertuzzi incident is way overblown. Things like this happen a lot in contact sports. There is nothing criminal about it. I remember when it first happened some people were saying he should be kicked out of hockey for good.

If Bertuzzi is reinstated, Wayne Gretzky should sit down with Bertuzzi and make sure he wants to play and is prepared physically and is also in the right frame of mind. If everything checks out, he should be on the team.
There won't be any bad press, people will forgive quickly and he will have the full support of his teamates.
He has served his punishment and it is time to move on.
Actualy it is criminal in Vancouver since the precedent has been set in the McSorley case. It looks at this point the crown is waiting for the right time to sweep this under the rug and Moore is going to have the tough choice on taking civil action, risking getting he and his brothers blackballed.

Gretz might not want Team Canada with Bertuzzi and three Avs in the same locker room.

rye&ginger

Jan 4, 2004
Vancouver
^ It was criminal because a 'weapon' was used. THe crown is still considering the case and is likely waiting for the season to end before making their intentions known.

NoWhammies

Jun 11, 2004
thome_26 said:
People like you who try to pass blame off of anybody but Bertuzzi make me sick. Moore isn't at all at fault in ANY WAY. He wasn't head hunting, he was finishing a check like a young guy HAS to if he wants to stay in the lineup of a tough team that REALLY doesn't need him to much. He did his job - he hit Naslund cleanly, and Naslund got hurt. It isn't Granato's responsibility to keep somebody who isn't going to start anything off the ice -it's Crawfords responsibility to keep somebody (Bertuzzi) who is going to do somethign stupid in the last bit of a game that's out of hand off the ice. It WASN'T a freak injury - freak injuries are when a guy is clearing a puck and it bounces off the glass into somebodies face - not when a powerforward skates up from behind a smaller player, grabs the back of his jersey, punches him in the head, then drives him down into the ice - that isn't a freak injury, that is assault and Bertuzzi should be charged (it was EVERY bit as bad as McSorelys stick incident).

You know if you watch the replays, yes I agree burtuzzi should not have punched him with a gloved fist. In any criminal case against him there is resonable doubt that he did all the damage to moore. We forget one of Moores teammates came barrelling in to dogpile on burtuzzi and ended up kicking/kneeing his teammate in the head. Sure burtuzzi made a mistake but that is no more brutal than some of the elbows I have seen mark messier and pavel bure dish out. Anyone remember shane churla in the 94 playoff run ? It just disgusts me that people brand Todd as a criminal nope of us were on the ice that night. Persoanlly I think the major damage to moore was done by his teammate dog-pilling in.

Ironchef Chris Wok*

Responding to the original poster...

I'm pretty sure Bertuzzi is not a substance abuse offender.

TheCrock

Jun 7, 2004
Hmmm

While I don't condone what McSorley did, Brashear was begging for it. He constantly taunted McSorley and the Bruins bench pulling his usual idiotic stunts. McSorley being past his prime woulda still ***** slapped Brashear around and he knew that.

Brashear by his geniusness tried to overreact and make it worse than it was but ended up knocking himself out.

As for Bertuzzi, what he did was plain idiotic, any Canuck fan who complains about Moore head hunting needs to pull their heads out of their bums because he laid a clean hit, and the fact the Canucks put a bounty on his head and guaranteed "payback" makes the whole team and organization look like a bunch of clowns.

surge

Mar 7, 2004
TheCrock said:
While I don't condone what McSorley did, Brashear was begging for it. He constantly taunted McSorley and the Bruins bench pulling his usual idiotic stunts. McSorley being past his prime woulda still ***** slapped Brashear around and he knew that.

Brashear by his geniusness tried to overreact and make it worse than it was but ended up knocking himself out.

As for Bertuzzi, what he did was plain idiotic, any Canuck fan who complains about Moore head hunting needs to pull their heads out of their bums because he laid a clean hit, and the fact the Canucks put a bounty on his head and guaranteed "payback" makes the whole team and organization look like a bunch of clowns.

Brashear tried to overreact and make it worse? Either you're being sarcastic or you actually have down syndrome. McSorley also got spanked twice that game by Brashear, not that Im a fan of either player but it was pretty clear that Brashear has had the better of McSorley as far as fights go.

Your post was so misguided it's hard to believe you watch hockey, you give off the impression that you're one of those "I watched CNN and saw both incidents so I know hockey".

Weak.

TheCrock

Jun 7, 2004
surge said:
Brashear tried to overreact and make it worse? Either you're being sarcastic or you actually have down syndrome. McSorley also got spanked twice that game by Brashear, not that Im a fan of either player but it was pretty clear that Brashear has had the better of McSorley as far as fights go.

Your post was so misguided it's hard to believe you watch hockey, you give off the impression that you're one of those "I watched CNN and saw both incidents so I know hockey".

Weak.

Ugh, keep living in our dreamworld thats fine. Brashear was skating around EMBARASSING his teamates by dusting his hands and claiming to be the heavyweight champ of the nhl by making the gesture with his hands.

He is nothing but a clown and it woulda been nice to see that goof get what he had coming to him.

Take a look at his off ice antics, McSorley and Brashear aren't even comparable to each other in class. Marty was always known for being a fierce fighter, but was actually a respected indivdual who did alot for his community...what did Brashear ever do besides beat up men who he's twice bigger than in his apartment building and get drunk going to bars with strippers when he's married?

bert2nazzy

Vincent_TheGreat said:
There is nothing between those two, they have never had bad blood or confrontations, maybe Iginla and Ohlund!

just because iginla faught Ohlund doesnt mean he hates him.

at the end of the vancouver calgary series in the playoffs, igina sort of hugged Ohlund, they just faught, becuase iginla was frusterated.

SChan*

Ironchef Chris Wok said:
Responding to the original poster...

I'm pretty sure Bertuzzi is not a substance abuse offender.

What worse? Taking a beer or almost kill someone? Oh the double standard in America.

sunb

Jun 27, 2004
Yale University
Fish on The Sand said:
criminal nonetheless though.

SectionX said:
What worse? Taking a beer or almost kill someone? Oh the double standard in America.

Calm down girls. Chef ain't saying Bertuzzi's not guilty. He was merely refuting the fact that Bertuzzi wasn't a substance abuse offender. Please, this is getting to the point of stupidity; GRASP THE CONTEXT before you reply!

Jamie

Mar 2, 2002
Victoria, BC
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
Come on, that's a little harsh don't you think? I don't think you can be a Norris Trophy finalist and "suck." I realize people hate Derian Hatcher, but you have to admit, especially as a Stars fan, when healthy he's a real asset.
As an Oiler fan I'll admit that Hatcher is one hell of a defenseman. He's been a huge part of all those times Dallas has beat the Oilers in the playoffs. Him, Belfour and Modano have really earned my respect as hockey players and I hate them for it;) All 3 have played amazingly when the chips have been down for them throughout their careers.

Prince Mercury

Apr 7, 2004
Fort McMurray
Anyone who is still on Bertuzzi's case either doesn't know anything about the NHL or has an agenda.

The fact is the guy made a mistake - a reasonable one that many, many players make in other degrees in today's NHL - and he has been punished repeatedly for it. Will he be left off Team Canada? Will he face criminal charges? Maybe, but none of this makes him a bad person. Just lay the hell off the guy, he's been through enough.

I take it personally as the guy was nothing but a stellar person during his OHL time in Guelph. If people think he was out of line, congratulations - he's getting punishment. Now let's just end the bashing already, anyone who knows him knows he's a great guy.

Egghammer

Feb 21, 2004
London, ON
Prince Mercury said:
Anyone who is still on Bertuzzi's case either doesn't know anything about the NHL or has an agenda.

The fact is the guy made a mistake - a reasonable one that many, many players make in other degrees in today's NHL - and he has been punished repeatedly for it. Will he be left off Team Canada? Will he face criminal charges? Maybe, but none of this makes him a bad person. Just lay the hell off the guy, he's been through enough.

I take it personally as the guy was nothing but a stellar person during his OHL time in Guelph. If people think he was out of line, congratulations - he's getting punishment. Now let's just end the bashing already, anyone who knows him knows he's a great guy.
Bertuzzi and Heatley are my two favourite players but when Bertuzzi was in Guelph did he not get suspended for kicking a player? Although I do agree that what he did was a mistake buthe has paid for it now. Let him get on with his career. Hopefully Steve Moore will be able to play next year as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad