Confirmed with Link: Bertuzzi signs two-year deal

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Zetterberg level???

tenor.gif

I can even like Zibanejad, at no point whatsoever is he ever going to be a top 5 player in the league in any season. That is insulting to Zetterberg, who also was a top 10 center in the league for a decade. Now Zibanejad might have hit the bottom part of the top 10 in one season thus far.

I wouldn't pay him what he wants. I guess if Stevie can work his magic on him for the right number sure, but you get up around 9 million for him without Panarin, um not worth that coin for me. I know Covid played a part in some of his season, but I think this is a wild over-evaluation of who he is. You want me to push a ton in for Barkov, I have all day for that.

Bert and I still kind of think Hronek will be the last two moved for future assets to select hand-picked Yzerman guys. I guess we will see, but it wouldn't surprise me if both go in the next 12 months, I kind of expect that.

I'd put Zibanejad around the 15-25 range of centers. Still better than what we got, but without Fox and Panarin feeding him he's not a 40 goal guy.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I'd put Zibanejad around the 15-25 range of centers. Still better than what we got, but without Fox and Panarin feeding him he's not a 40 goal guy.

Just like Zetterberg didn't score 40 goals without Datsyuk.

Why does it go only one ways?

Zibanejad has been able to score 30+44=74 points (0.90 per game) before either of Panarin or Fox arrived. On that year he played mostly with Kreider and Zuccarello.

When Panarin arrived, Zibanejad has played both 2 seasons mostly with Kreider and Buchnevich. Panarin has been almost locked to Ryan Strome. He is the guy who is having inflated stats, if somebody, thanks to Panarin.

Maybe Chris Kreider is carrying him, or some another false narrative?

Last edited:
Reactions: Zats Muccarello

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Just like Zetterberg didn't score 40 goals without Datsyuk.

Why does it go only one ways?

Zibanejad has been able to score 30+44=74 points (0.90 per game) before either of Panarin or Fox arrived. On that year he played mostly with Kreider and Zuccarello.

When Panarin arrived, Zibanejad has played both 2 seasons mostly with Kreider and Buchnevich. Panarin has been almost locked to Ryan Strome. He is the guy who is having inflated stats, if somebody, thanks to Panarin.

Maybe Chris Kreider is carrying him, or some another false narrative?

The 2018-19 season you're referring to is a really wonky year for scoring. It had a very high number of 70+ point scorers when compared to other seasons. More than any of the last 6 years or so. 55 players hit 70 or more points. Compare that to 2017-18 before where 36 players hit that mark. In 2016-17 19 players did. In 2015-16 only 17 players it that mark.

Also if you watch the Rangers you'd see that Zibanejad plays on the top PP with Panarin and Fox. He's usually on the left point and sneaks down to the top of the left circle for a one timer.

Team Line Combinations - Daily Faceoff

So in Zibanejad's 40 goal 75 point year he had 24 points with Panarin. 24 with Kreider. 10 with Fox, 15 with Deangelo.

Last season Zibanejad had 50 points. Panarin was involved in 12. Kreider in 7. Fox in 17.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Canada games Bertuzzi will miss:

Game 5 - Sat Oct 24 @ Montreal. (3-game road trip will continue back to USA, Chicago etc. only 1 game in Canada)

Game 9 - Sun Oct 31 @ Toronto
Game 10 - Wed Nov 3 @ Montreal (4-game road trip will continue to Bos & Buf)

Then there will be a long break, next Canada trip is at February 2022, after Winter Olympics break.

Game 54 - Sun Feb 27 @ Toronto (single game, no road trip)

Game 60 - Sun Mar 13 @ Calgary
Game 61 - Wed Mar 16 @ Edmonton
Game 62 - Fri Mar 18 @Vancouver (4-game Western Canada road trip, final game is at Seattle, so Bertuzzi can join)

Game 69 - Sun Apr 3 @ Ottawa (only one meeting against Sens, weird, I thought there would be 4 meetings by default inside Division. We have 2 home games against Sens.)

That's about it. All 8 games Bertuzzi will miss.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida

Game 5 - Sat Oct 24 @ Montreal. (3-game road trip will continue back to USA, Chicago etc. only 1 game in Canada)

Then there will be a long break, next Canada trip is at February 2022, after Winter Olympics break.

Game 62 - Fri Mar 18 @Vancouver (4-game Western Canada road trip, final game is at Seattle, so Bertuzzi can join)

Game 69 - Sun Apr 3 @ Ottawa (only one meeting against Sens, weird, I thought there would be 4 meetings by default inside Division. We have 2 home games against Sens.)

Well, he should be well rested for the playoffs. :sarcasm:

Revenge of Gru

Jul 31, 2021

I doubt he is on the team through all of those dates.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Will Bert be able to play NYC games. I know Kyrie Irving cannot currently play or practice in NYC due him not being vaccinated. Does this restriction apply of players outside of NYC teams.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Will Bert be able to play NYC games. I know Kyrie Irving cannot currently play or practice in NYC due him not being vaccinated. Does this restriction apply of players outside of NYC teams.

Every league seem to have their own restrictions. Canada has no restrictions for NBA players, but NHL does.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Every league seem to have their own restrictions. Canada has no restrictions for NBA players, but NHL does.

NYC is an NYC restriction, so that is why I was curious if it just applied to players on local teams or if it was for anyone trying to play in Brooklyn or at MSG, because then Bert would also miss Rangers and Islanders games too. Also I believe the NBA applied for the exemption from Canada whereas the NHL did not. Canada still has the same quarantine restrictions if they hadn't.

ChrisReevesLegs

Nov 5, 2018
Seattle

I don't follow the NBA, so correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds to me like visiting athletes are exempt from the NYC protocols. Only applies to players on local teams. I assume NHL would get the same treatment. Which is probably why we haven't heard anything about Tuzzi missing NYC games.

I really doubt Bertuzzi has any trade value right now. He can't travel to Canada, plus he's not allowed to spend time with teammates away from the rink.... both at home and on road trips. I really can't see a team wanting to acquire a player that can't bond with the rest of the team anywhere except the ice. Plus we'd probably be limited to selling him to the Central or the Metro cause of Canada. That cuts his trade opportunities in half right there.

Reactions: lilidk

TheClap

Jul 20, 2014
Blackwood is getting vaccinated making Bert the only unvaccinated NHL player.

I'm hoping he changes his mind because I love the way he's playing this season.

Fortunately, 5 of the 8 games he'll miss come after the Olympic break.

If the Wings are in the hunt for a playoff spot then, he sure as hell better get vaccinated. If they aren't it won't matter much. I'm guessing it won't matter, but I would love to have a reason to care about his vaccination status in February.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I'm beginning to think that Canada is a joke for not letting in unvaccinated players play in Canada. Canadien teams that come to Detroit are still putting their players at risk when facing Bertuzzi in Detroit.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I'm beginning to think that Canada is a joke for not letting in unvaccinated players play in Canada. Canadien teams that come to Detroit are still putting their players at risk when facing Bertuzzi in Detroit.
Rule is rule , if you are not vacinated you cannot come over, but how is unvaccinated generous to vacinated ? It just a mind burgling

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Fortunately, 5 of the 8 games he'll miss come after the Olympic break.

If the Wings are in the hunt for a playoff spot then, he sure as hell better get vaccinated. If they aren't it won't matter much. I'm guessing it won't matter, but I would love to have a reason to care about his vaccination status in February.

Maybe politics will change before March, and there's no need for vaccination anymore.

This corona-shit won't last forever.

HyperX

Fire Ruff and co. !
Jul 21, 2021
So next wednesday's game at Montreal goes without Bertuzzi, but after that we'll have 43 games in-a-row outside of Canada.
This may be a silly question but does he travel with the team?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
This may be a silly question but does he travel with the team?
No, Canada has a mandatory 14 day quarantine for unvaccinated foreign travelers. There's no reason for him to go.

In addition, he was suspended from the team the last trip, and suspended players do not travel with the team at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->