Confirmed with Link: Bertuzzi signs two-year deal

Jon Cusack

Oct 28, 2011
Love Bertuzzi and was hoping to see him in a red wings uniform come playoffs someday but this walks him into UFA. Me thinks we’ll see a trade before this contract is over.

Reactions: Run the Jewels

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
He's going to be traded this season or next. He should bring back a nice haul from a playoff team.

Reactions: Tetsuo

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
good solution . if tuzzi wants to go ufa or yzerman dont want long term at any point this sets it up for tile's to recover from injury this season then be traded at the deadline to a contender . wings get futures , tiles gets a long term contract from new team of basically his choice . this contract basically best case scenario / most logical . and tiles gets the second year as insurance in case has back issue

Last edited:

Richard Gibson

Dec 5, 2018
Ryan Hana

@RyanHanaWWP
·
5m
$4.75M AAV for Bertuzzi is more than reasonable. As has been noted, the short-term and UFA expiry status makes the prospect of Yzerman trading him a lot stronger. Especially this season - Bertuzzi will get a lot of attention with more than a year left and reasonable AAV

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
2 years?

That's extremely puzzling...He's a UFA after this deal, I really do not understand this at all. Might as well trade him now while he has value, rather than wait until next season to flip him at the deadline.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
This is a good deal on Bertuzzi.

There is injury concerns.
There is also debate over what he is worth.

I think 1 RFA, 1UFA year is a fine contract.

Considering recent signings I think solid 2ndd line talent is going for 4.5-6M dollars.
If we can get Vrana on a 2-3 year deal as well for around 5M that would be very much in line with recent signing comparables.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
P.S. In regards to the UFA status. I am a believe in paying players what they are worth NOW... not guessing their production in the future.

We should have no real issues signing our UFA's later in the process if our team continues to improve.
The cap will be flat for longer than we expect.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Good move. If he proves his health this season, he can be either extended or traded. If there are lingering issues, it's only one more year on the deal.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Richard Gibson

Dec 5, 2018
R
yan Hana

@RyanHanaWWP
·
5m
$4.75M AAV for Bertuzzi is more than reasonable. As has been noted, the short-term and UFA expiry status makes the prospect of Yzerman trading him a lot stronger. Especially this season - Bertuzzi will get a lot of attention with more than a year left and reasonable AAV

Austin Wings Fan

Mar 9, 2010
If he returns to form, my guess is he is gone at the trade deadline. Teams will think he is the missing piece and will know they’re getting him for two postseason runs. We can also retain salary if necessary. This year’s Blake Coleman, but better. There will be a good market for him.

I think we should be getting another late first from a contender +.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad