Bertuzzi, Hronek & Vrana - Who Signs First?

Who signs a new contract first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020

I really hope that Vrana isn't looking at the Laine 7.5 deal and saying that he wants 6.5 or more. Currently he's a proven 25 goal, 50+ point scorer and shouldn't be worth more than 5.75 million. If he can score more then definitely pay the man, but until he puts up Filip Forsberg 30+30 numbers then he's not a 6 million dollar man.

I don't see any reason for Yzerman to play hardball with him, but if Vrana's ask is too far apart and he goes to arbitration then I don't think he'll be on the Wings past the TDL.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
I really hope that Vrana isn't looking at the Laine 7.5 deal and saying that he wants 6.5 or more. Currently he's a proven 25 goal, 50+ point scorer and shouldn't be worth more than 5.75 million. If he can score more then definitely pay the man, but until he puts up Filip Forsberg 30+30 numbers then he's not a 6 million dollar man.

I don't see any reason for Yzerman to play hardball with him, but if Vrana's ask is too far apart and he goes to arbitration then I don't think he'll be on the Wings past the TDL.
My feeling Vrana will be 5 million

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I think 5.8 maybe stretching it. Low 5's

NHL Rankings

Highest paid left wings in the NHL. 5.8 would tie him for 20th with Pavel Buchnevich. 5.3 million puts him in Ondrej Palat territory (what a steal his contract is)

NHL Rankings
5.8 puts him as the 20th highest paid RW, just below Brock Boeser and just above TJ Oshie and Anthony Mantha. 5.3 gets him paid as much as Patrik Hornqvist.

I think that is a good range for him to be within. Maybe we gamble and give him a higher cap hit and tie some of the actual salary to performance bonuses?

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008

He is not going to get much in arbitration, remember Bertuzzi last year and if he decides to go that way , yes trade him

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I guess we should keep players who wants to win Stanley cup, not who likes to get big buck.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Hoping Hronek is signed to a team friendly $4--4.75ish, 5y., but would be ok to go upto 7y @ $4.9 if SY approved. That would end at age 30 (going on 31) & he'd still be a prime trade candidate.

I hope SY doesn't pay over $4.75-$4.9max, regardless of term.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I'd say between 5.3 and 5.8. Maybe a Mantha deal. But I just hope it doesn't turn sour for both parties.

I will laugh, if Vrana will sign less than current Mantha caphit (5.7M), because Capitals wanted Mantha because of that "cheaper" caphit, when they did felt that Vrana caphit is gonna go out of hands on his next extension.

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
I do not want to pay Hronek big money or long term. I’m actually sort of a Hronek hater, the guy was pretty atrocious defensively last year, and made a lot of boneheaded plays. I am not convinced he is apart of the winning formula yet, I think he is trade bait personally. He’s not bad I’m just not sold on his role in our future identity.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
As for vrana, some idiot team would give him 6 if he was on the market, I just know it. He is gonna be tricky to get signed, I bet he makes 5.8 million.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad