Bertuzzi, Hronek & Vrana - Who Signs First?

Who signs a new contract first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Oh, he's definitely gambling.

What I said doesn't prevent that from being a real thing.

Too true. We're in the real dog days of Wings talk. Can't believe the draft is still a month away.

That said, I've got $500 on Hronek signing first.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Too true. We're in the real dog days of Wings talk. Can't believe the draft is still a month away.

That said, I've got $500 on Hronek signing first.

Can we trade around the SB cash? Sure, it's not actually worth anything, but I'm all for a bet. Then, if we can do a Blackhawks-Wings game in Chicago, loser picks up the tab at Jaster's brewery.

$750 on Vrana's contract first.

FabricDetails

I know enough to know I know nothing
Mar 30, 2009
These poll results may actually reflect Stevie's priority list (as least as far these three).

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Wait as long as possible to decide on Bertuzzi.

7c1d1188758168e0d9fa3e78bc803dbe.jpeg
As 40 approaches my lower back hurts more and more when I wake up. Damn.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Can we trade around the SB cash? Sure, it's not actually worth anything, but I'm all for a bet. Then, if we can do a Blackhawks-Wings game in Chicago, loser picks up the tab at Jaster's brewery.

$750 on Vrana's contract first.

I've been here a decade now and I have no idea how that cash thing works on the forum. But the good news is we're all loaded with $100K.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
What does a bridge deal look like for Vrana - 1 year? If its longer than that then he gains UFA status. I think he is polarized case, 1 year to establish his value in this new organization, or some longer-term more secured money and a bit of a gamble by Yzerman.
I'm guessing 1yr at $4 - 4.5M.

He won't continue to get 1 PPG playing in Blash's system. If he does, then he deserves whatever he gets in the next deal, lol.

ShippinItDaily

Apr 28, 2004
Saskatoon
How would we know who signs first?
There's no real reason to sign one before another.

Think of it as which contract gets announced first, if you must. Although I'm not sure I can think of a reason why the team would withhold announcing a signed contract with respect to any other in this group of players.

I think the first contract that is signed amongst this group is almost certainly the easiest or simplest one to get done and predicting which one that will be is the challenge.

ShippinItDaily

Apr 28, 2004
Saskatoon
Is everyone jaded by Bertuzzi going to arbitration last year? Having already had a negotiation with Yzerman, I would think this next one will be easier, if Yzerman wants to keep him long term. That and I'm thinking that Bertuzzi probably doesn't want a full summer of rehab AND contract uncertainty.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Is everyone jaded by Bertuzzi going to arbitration last year? Having already had a negotiation with Yzerman, I would think this next one will be easier, if Yzerman wants to keep him long term. That and I'm thinking that Bertuzzi probably doesn't want a full summer of rehab AND contract uncertainty.
The low risk move for Bert is to try to sign a 5yr. * $4-4.5m now.

Hoping we get at least 3-4yrs @ $4-4.5m

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Maple Leafs Have Options to Replace Zach Hyman - NHL Rumors - NHLTradeRumors.Me

Some interesting ideas for Bertuzzi trade?

Excerpt:

"Tyler Bertuzzi: The Maple Leafs would love to get their hands on Bertuzzi as the team is looking for some more killer instinct this summer. The 26-year-old is a restricted free agent and due a new contract, which works well in the hands of the Leafs as they could structure his new deal to benefit the team. Some prospects such as Timothy Liljegren, Mikhail Abramov or Sweden's Filip Hallander could interest the Red Wings to pull the trigger. "

What could we pull from the Leafs for an extended Bert (assuming decent term & team-friendly)?

The other suggestions were Arvidsson & Wilson (to replace Hyman). NSH should trade Arvidsson & Ekholm for Rielly & Nylander. NSH gets younger & maybe slightly more skill. TOR gets tougher/playoff experienced vets w/skill/better defensively; Who says no? +/-

Last edited:

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I need to do more than mobility exercises. These problems started, though, after getting a boxed mattress (Tuft & Needle).
Mattress makes a huge difference for back issues. The problem is that you don't know what works until you find it, every body is different. Definitely the first step is addressing the mattress issue.

I have to replace the mattress in my ski condo, beginning to think that mattress is as much of an issue as skiing. Back problems when I stay there even though I haven't skied in a while.

Don't get a Sleep Number bed thinking you can adjust firmness, they suck. Brother has one in his guest room, the Holiday Inn in Denver (Quebec St) has them as well.

Good luck.

Reactions: Winger98

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Mattress makes a huge difference for back issues. The problem is that you don't know what works until you find it, every body is different. Definitely the first step is addressing the mattress issue.

I have to replace the mattress in my ski condo, beginning to think that mattress is as much of an issue as skiing. Back problems when I stay there even though I haven't skied in a while.

Don't get a Sleep Number bed thinking you can adjust firmness, they suck. Brother has one in his guest room, the Holiday Inn in Denver (Quebec St) has them as well.

Good luck.

second the importance of the mattress. We got a pretty cheap memory foam mattress to replace our old one and it's done wonders. find the right pillows, too.

Maple Leafs Have Options to Replace Zach Hyman - NHL Rumors - NHLTradeRumors.Me

Some interesting ideas for Bertuzzi trade?

Excerpt:

"Tyler Bertuzzi: The Maple Leafs would love to get their hands on Bertuzzi as the team is looking for some more killer instinct this summer. The 26-year-old is a restricted free agent and due a new contract, which works well in the hands of the Leafs as they could structure his new deal to benefit the team. Some prospects such as Timothy Liljegren, Mikhail Abramov or Sweden's Filip Hallander could interest the Red Wings to pull the trigger. "

What could we pull from the Leafs for an extended Bert (assuming decent term & team-friendly)?

The other suggestions were Arvidsson & Wilson (to replace Hyman). NSH should trade Arvidsson & Ekholm for Rielly & Nylander. NSH gets younger & maybe slightly more skill. TOR gets tougher/playoff experienced vets w/skill/better defensively; Who says no? +/-

I don't think TML have what it takes to pull Wilson. the problem with TML is that I think they almost have to send some money back to make the their cap structure. I don't think we'd have a ton of interest in guys like Kerfoot/Holl, and I'm not sure Toronto would have a lot of interest in moving Liljegren/Sandin. They've also pretty much emptied their 2022 draft pick cupboard.

And I think nashville takes that trade and runs. They have the cap space to swap arvidsson for Nylander and still re-sign Rielly. And Rielly then gets to slip in behind Josi as the main guy - something I think would be really beneficial to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->