Bertuzzi files for Arbitration (UPD: $3.5m)

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
If Yzerman likes him, and feels lil’Bert is part of the future - then I’d say he’ll be signed to a 5 yr deal (or possibly longer).

If he gets to arbitration - then chances are he’ll get rewarded a 2 yr deal which will then see him hit UFA.

I believe both sides could still work out a deal after arbitration if they want to.
Bertuzzi wont get a 2 year deal if it goes through arbitration, Yzerman would opt for the 1 year deal. Noway he risks him going to free agency that's not an option. Pretty much 1 year or 5 years i'd imagine.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
He’s the one player besides Larkin that I’d be cool with giving out term for right now

This is a hot take for real but I honestly think Larks will bolt when he hits FA

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
He’s the one player besides Larkin that I’d be cool with giving out term for right now

This is a hot take for real but I honestly think Larks will bolt when he hits FA

Agree on Bert, I'd go upto 5-6 yrs, $4.75, fair for both sides. His game won't age well after that.

I get the opposite impression from Larkin. Michigan/Detroit kid, family & friends are here, UofM, USNDT, all the roots of his career etc. Future captain, likely a dream come true. 3 yrs. will likely be the opening of our PO/SC window.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Oh holy shit, Jaster is back.

And you're in my mom's basement too? I wondered who was making all that racket.
hacka.jpg

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
What has he done to deserve more than that? Yzerman's offer is fair. Bertuzzi's sample size is not very big btw...

Montreal being dumbasses and signing Anderson to that contract doesn’t help. I even think that Gallagher is overpaid but I might be in the minority on that

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Id love a 4×4.5. He would hit UFA at 29 which gives him plenty of motivation to keep playing hard for one more big payday. Then we trade or let him walk that last year because giving 29 year olds long term contracts is terrible.

Reactions: NotLeddy

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Montreal being dumbasses and signing Anderson to that contract doesn’t help. I even think that Gallagher is overpaid but I might be in the minority on that

Weird timing for this post considering his ask is pretty reasonable and well below what Anderson got.

... And he's never been nearly as bad as what Anderson was last season.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
Weird timing for this post considering his ask is pretty reasonable and well below what Anderson got.

... And he's never been nearly as bad as what Anderson was last season.

I never said his ask was unreasonable? I simply said he can ask what he wants because a player like Anderson got overpaid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad