Proposal: Bertuzzi (and picks?) for Tkachuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Left handed

May 8, 2018
As Flames and Tkachuk head towards divorce, Calgary's losses become a cautionary tale

As the Sportsnet article suggests, it looks like Tkachuk may be on the move in the next couple of weeks. Given Bert's gritty reputation and his friendship with core players like Larkin, this would inevitably cause a raucous. But adding a player like Tkachuk would likely have an immediate positive impact on this team and put them in playoff contention within the next year or two. At 24, there is a lot of upside in Tkachuk's career, and perhaps gives us more runway than with 27 y/o Bertuzzi who is a UFA after this season. Imagine for a minute a Tkachuk-Larkin-Raymond top line.

Would you pull the trigger? I don't think a Bert-Tkachuk 1-for-1 deal would be accepted given Tkachuk's recent performance. Which other players or draft picks would you include?

Left handed

May 8, 2018
How about having a look at things before starting another thread.
Sorry, I didn't see the generic "Matthew Tkachuk" thread when I posted this. Since this is developing news, I didn't realize there'd be an 83 page thread on the topic already. Mods can merge or delete if they wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad