Bertuzzi and Frk re-signed

shanman

Jun 23, 2018
hmm interesting on the frk signing, especially with the thoughts on zadina making the roster this year to start. Just was looking at cap friendly, still shows larkin/mantha as RFA. When will we find out what they signed for/will be signing for?

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
Zadina mentioned on Regners podcast that he knows Frk. May not be a bad idea to keep him around through the preseason at a minimum to help the guy acclimate to Detroit.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The Frk saga continues!

1728animated_gif_not_the_father.gif

Last edited:

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Confused about the Frk signing. I just can't see where he fits into this organization moving forward.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
hmm interesting on the frk signing, especially with the thoughts on zadina making the roster this year to start. Just was looking at cap friendly, still shows larkin/mantha as RFA. When will we find out what they signed for/will be signing for?
I thought i read awhile back that Detroit was close to a deal with Mantha, They said it was a 2 year bridge deal worth slightly less then $4 million per. And that the deal was close and Larkin would receive a 5 year deal at a hometown discount as well. So maybe less then $5 million per or so.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Maybe he wasn't qualified and that means he could be signed for less than his qualifying offer (probably less than 650K)?

shanman

Jun 23, 2018
I thought i read awhile back that Detroit was close to a deal with Mantha, They said it was a 2 year bridge deal worth slightly less then $4 million per. And that the deal was close and Larkin would receive a 5 year deal at a hometown discount as well. So maybe less then $5 million per or so.
will be interesting to see the numbers assuming we bring back larkin, mantha, and aa.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Probably just an extra skater/depth guy, to be honest.

Yeah I guess for a year that is his role. Maybe as a friend to Zadina like others have mentioned. I just thought guys like Witkowski and Turgeon had the role locked up.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I'm not a fan of Frk because I think he's going to kill someone eventually with his terrible one-timer accuracy. But other than that, welcome back!

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Frk being re-signed doesn't mean he's going to make the final roster. He can still be cut/sent down.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Frk being re-signed doesn't mean he's going to make the final roster. He can still be cut/sent down.

He can be more experienced buddy for Hronek and Zadina. Make the young Czechs life easier in non-hockey side.

Thank god that Party-Boy (Tatar) and whiner (Mrazek) were traded. Better environment for hockey-professionalism.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yeah I guess for a year that is his role. Maybe as a friend to Zadina like others have mentioned. I just thought guys like Witkowski and Turgeon had the role locked up.

Witkowski is a waste of space as a hockey player. Fun dude and all, but he brings nothing to the table.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad