Rumor: Bertschy will sign with Minnesota

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Cool. Sounds pretty good according to his scouting report in Eliteprospects.com

Bertschy is a speedy center with good vision and a hard shot. Could improve his stickhandling skills. Lacks size. Can appear selfish at times.
- Ulf Andersson, EP (2013)

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
From a couple different places, it looks like this is a done deal.

http://frozenfutures.com/2015/04/07/wild-sign-christoph-bertschy-to-elc/

Christoph Bertschy has been signed to an entry-level contract by the Minnesota Wild. Bertschy’s club in the Swiss NLA, SC Bern, released a statement Tuesday morning that the 21-year-old will be leaving the team for his NHL club.

And from his club's website, it's not in English, but Google Translate gives this:

After three and a half seasons in the first team of SCB Christoph Bertschy is now before the next career step. Are only for Moving to the NHL Minnesota Wild organization of details to be clarified.

Bertschy is now before the next career step! :laugh:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
So will he be on the roster for the playoffs? We could use another center, albeit a small unproven one.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
He's still under contract with his Swiss team and can therefore only be signed after the season.

He just joined the Swiss national team today and will fight for a roster spot for the upcoming World championship.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Oooh, Bertschy. With Phillips gone, he is a good replacement. Fast, skilled and hungry to score.

Looking forward to seeing him in the Skoda Cup, too.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
I would also like to know if he can win faceoffs. It's a problem all of our centers except Koivu seem to have in some way or another.

And Koivu keeps getting tossed from the dot.

Actually at least 5 last games for Granlund he has pretty sick FO%:

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Sounds like a Red Wings kind of propsect - highly skilled, learns the NA game in the minors, then... here's hoping.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
Ive actually watched him play against the team from my hometown in this seasons Champions Hockey League. My team beat them 5-2 and he was completely invicible.

I had him placed in the "drafted but never signed" category untill now.

Nice to see him get a shot. Hope he can translate his game and become a scoring center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad